Ushering in a new era of study and practice, Hashan unlocks the secrets of the Wellspring and unleashes Sublimation upon Achaea!
Given Hashan's more polarising stance over the last year and greater exposure in the conflict scene, we're pleased to announce the release of Sublimation: an alchemist alternative to Formulation!
This skill is controlled by Hashan similar to other factional skills being controlled by their relevant organisation, and similar considerations for those wishing to pick it over Formulation should be considered. Using it against Hashan will have similar repercussions to using Necromancy against Mhaldor - we strongly advise against this, but it is a choice if you really want to!
Relevant details about switching can be found under AB FORMULATION FIELD.
The restrictions on selecting your masteries are not in effect for the next couple of days, so you can play around with everything!
The Twins tournament has ended, the Foozle is over, so now we have some scores and some real contenders lining up to claim the staff of Nicator from the Tsol'teth!
In what we all agree was the most competitive and exciting Twins tournament any of us has ever had the privilege to watch, run, or fight in, the best and bravest of Achaea battled to the following results:
- 1st: Penwize and Austere earning 200 credits, and Austere takes 12 Championship points.
- 2nd: Rangor and Santar earning 175 credits, and Santar takes 10 Championship points.
- 3rd: Dunn and Irimon earning 8 Championship points and 150 credits each.
- 4th: Minifie and Crixos earning 6 Championship points and 125 credits each.
- 5th: Farrah and Atalkez earning 5 Championship points and 100 credits each.
After an hour of frenzied flailing around the World Tree and frantic fleeing from the dreaded Dreadpilar, the Foozle awards the following points and prizes:
- 1st place is Penwize, he wins 200 credits! As Penwize has won the staff before, he cannot win points this round.
- 2nd place is Farrah, she wins 175 credits and 12 Championship points!
- 3rd place is Taryius, he wins 150 credits and 10 Championship points!
- 4th place is Crixos, he wins 125 credits and 8 Championship points!
- 5th place is Dunn, he wins 100 credits and 6 Championship points!
- 6th place is Ayja, she wins 75 credits and 5 Championship points!
- 7th place is Veldrin, he wins 50 credits and 4 Championship points!
- 8th place is Skye, she wins 25 credits and 3 Championship points!
- 9th place is Krizal, she wins 10 credits and 2 Championship points!
- 10th place is Irimon, he wins 10 credits and 1 Championship points!
- 11th place is Cooper, he wins 0.5 Championship points!
But what do these points mean, and what is still to come?
Well, we still have the final window of the XP Event ahead of us, where any who have not completed their 6 hour hunting attempt will run rampant over the world leaving slaughter in their wake. We still have the Championship Quiz to terrify even the most well-read of loremasters. And the final phase of Sojourn is now live, all this week contenders will be able to play 3 games of Championship Sojourn, their top score (if any) will determine their ranking in Sojourn and their Championship points!
I know, I know, you want to know how the scores look overall. Here you go!
- 1st. Farrah with 17 Championship points!
- 2nd. Dunn with 14 Championship points!
- 2nd. Crixos with 14 Championship points!
- 4th. Austere with 12 Championship points!
- 5th. Santar with 10 Championship points!
- 5th. Taryius with 10 Championship points!
- 7th. Irimon with 9 Championship points!
- 8th. Minifie with 6 Championship points!
- 9th. Atalkez with 5 Championship points!
- 9th. Ayja with 5 Championship points!
- 11th. Veldrin with 4 Championship points!
- 12th. Skye with 3 Championship points!
- 13th. Krizal with 2 Championship points!
- 14th. Cooper with 0.5 Championship points!
Keep and eye on UPCOMING in game for the live countdowns to the next events!
Sojourn is a new game added to the Championship games tournament by the Tsol'teth! Read on for the details of it and of the new XP event format!
Contenders who engage in Sojourn will find themselves in the shoes of Ashtani or Shallamese pilgrims, making the long journey to Seleucar and following the path taken in days of yore by these peoples.
Along the way you'll need to make numerous decisions and choices that either help, hinder, or otherwise affect your progress toward the final destination, scoring points as you do so.
As Silon'ukia said: strategy and logical thinking is important!
To join the game, you will need to travel to Balan'ukia fortress in the Underrealm. There, you'll find a Sojourn board and will be able to SOJOURN START.
The SOJOURN syntax has everything you need to know to play this game, and we've also created HELP SOJOURN to go into a bit more detail. Needless to say, we don't want to reveal all of the specifics here.
- Sojourn is played solo, and Achaea remembers your progress with any active session.
- You are free to log out, afk, or leave the board entirely without resetting your progress. It should be possible to finish a full session in a modest amount of time, but you can take as long as you like on a choice.
- For the first week of the games, you can play as many Sojourn games as you like. This gives an ample amount of time to practice and get used to the new game style.
- In the second week of the games, Sojourn access becomes limited to 3 games per contender: these will be somewhat more difficult and varied than the practice mode, and the highest scoring of these three sessions will be your final score.
- During these official attempts, you CANNOT use SOJOURN START to quit the game and start over. You must see each one through.
This XP Event will be a 6 hour total hunting time which can be undertaken during the XP Event windows scheduled on UPCOMING.
You do NOT have to complete all 6 hours in one sitting, but you cannot hunt for less than 1 hour total at any one time.
XPEVENT JOIN will mark you as a participant and will begin your first hour-long hunting window.
XPEVENT ENTER will start one of your successive, hour-long bashing windows.
This will be for hour 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6. Please use JOIN for the first hour.
XPEVENT WHO will lists players who are currently using their XPEVENT window.
NOTE: Anyone on XPEVENT WHO is OPEN PK!
See HELP XPEVENT for more details and a refresh of information!
One final note: Sampling is only required for participation in the Sojourn game, all other games are free to enter for anyone.
We've just released a huge overhaul to the way exploration works in Achaea, and new, consumeable maps purchaseable for gold to see how much of an area you've currently explored!
Exploration has been in a bit of a sticky situation over the past many years, and we've finally sat down and decided to revamp it. This comes in a few separate changes of varying degrees.
First, the dreaded rule of threes. Bane of explorer and coder alike. Some of you know about the rule, some of you don't, but previously only one in three rooms in Achaea counted for exploration, and which rooms were selected was a bit arbitrary as far as their actual placement was concerned. This led to a lot of areas being worth significantly more or less than they should have been, in the grand scheme of things. This rule is no more! Now, some of you may realize that this causes a bit of an issue, with what was and was not tracked being moved over to the new system. Fear not! Your current progress has been updated based on exploration in rooms that were nearby, or that were pre-requisites to reach your current room. Keep in mind that there are a few exceptions, such as special exits, hidden rooms, and a few more, so if one of your top-secret hidey-holes didn't count for exploration before, you'll likely have to revisit it.
We've also removed all old/defunct areas and stockrooms from counting.
Lastly, for those of you without an Explorer's Tome, keeping track of your progress can be a bit of a hassle. Fear not! A cartographer has set up shop in Delos, where you may purchase blank maps for a measly sum of five thousand sovereigns. These single-use items can be used to gain a rough estimate of your exploration progress in an area, via SURVEY FOR MAP.
See the Announce news in game for all of the specifics!
For the brave among you, the Tsol'teth have invited all who wish to try their hand to participate in their version of the Championship Games, with the winner taking home a legendary prize!
This auspicious contest pits the very best of Achaea against one another for a chance to win the Staff of Nicator, access to the Keep at Nicator's Crossing, and their choice of 2000 credits or one year of Iron Elite membership and a trip to the Artefact Vault!
But if you don't manage to take first place, there's a whole host of credits and other prizes on offer! Placing in the top ten in any of the Championship events will earn championship points (towards the overall winner) and credits. But beware, all of the games may feature new twists!
And there's more!
Alongside the Championship events there will be lots of other ways to participate that can earn you special prizes! We'll announce all of these closer to the date.
But for now, here's the schedule for all the Championship events and some of the others we have in store for you so far.
The treasure hunt begins some hours prior to the official arrival of Year 802. This is to ensure a broad spectrum of participation and 6am is a highly unsocial hour!
NOTE: The XP event for this games is split into 3 windows of opportunity to participate and score points, further details will be forthcoming soon!
If you plan to be a contender (and everyone who has not yet won the Staff of Nicator should!) you can start preparing in advance.
(All times are in GMT)
SUN, 2nd June at 00:00 - Treasure Hunt!
SUN, 2nd June at 06:00 - Year 802 formally begins!
- Sojourn opens in Balan'ukia!
TUE, 4th June from 12:00 - XP Event first window opens! (12 hours)
SAT, 8th June from 00:00 - XP Event second window opens! (12 hours)
SAT, 8th June at 20:00 - Championship Twins Tournament!
SUN, 9th June at 14:00 - Championship Foozle!
WED, 12th June from 18:00 - XP Event third and final window opens! (12 hours)
SAT, 15th June at 00:00 - Championship Quiz!
SAT, 15th June at 12:00 - Sojourn closes!
SAT, 15th June at 21:00 - Awards Ceremony!
SUN, 16th June at 19:00 - CTF, Game of Eyes!
Be sure to check UPCOMING in game to see a live countdown until each of these events happens!
Fresh from tenuous victory in their invasion of Sapience, the Tsol'teth have dictated their intent to host the Championship Games, testing Achaea's finest in a chance to win the Staff of Nicator - provided the contenders are willing to acquiesce to Tsol'teth demands for entry.
Tezlari-tarin fought bravely. Tezlari-tarin fought foolishly. Tezlari-tarin lost.
War, conquest, and prolonged battle are effective, albeit inefficient means of progress. Teth was wrought, and teth was won.
Despite losses and drawn out conflict, sufficient samples were procured and the stability of our lines is secured for the next generation, we will continue to flourish.
The aid of shi-Hashan, shi-Targossas, and shi-Moghedu is recognised by Anzari-tarin. Apposite rewards shall be forthcoming.
Unforeseen, we now hold the symbol of Nicator's lineage.
This ancient relic will be the key that secures our continued growth for the generations to come. By the will of the Genesis, twice each century, we of Anzari-tarin shall test the best Tezlari-tarin has to offer. Participation requires assent in advancing the future of the Tsol'teth race: a minor sampling, undertaken by all who dare to try and claim possession of Nicator's staff.
We recognise the ancient traditions of Tezlari-tarin. Appropriate respect will be given to these traditions. In exchange, appropriate respect will be given by the overland to the traditional tests of the Tsol'teth. Combined, these trials will select a deserving wielder of the staff.
The first of these trials will begin within Balan'ukia; the House of Blood in your primitive tongue. Commencing on the 1st of Sarapin 802, this will be a year long test requiring ongoing participation. Strategy and decision making are essential components for success: we recommend developing capabilities in these areas.
Ama-maalier, Fulcrum of the Meld
No matter what's going on in Achaea we're always hard at work updating and upgrading the gameplay experience. This week sees changes to Lotteries, a whole slew of new deathsights, and much more...
Achaea's ancient lottery system has seen a big revamp, this includes a timer on all lotteries so that they cannot simply be open forever, and a much more streamlined command list for lottery runners! See Announce news #5039 for all the details!
For the next week we're also accepting applications for the ACC. The Achaean Combat Council works closely with the Garden team to assist with combat balance and updates to Achaea. Read here if you'd like to know more.
We've added loads of new deathsights to the various abilities you can use in Achaea!
7 for General skills, 1 for Racial skills, 1 for Seafaring, 1 for Misadventure, 1 for Relics, and 2 for Talismans
6 for Apostates, 2 for Bard, 10 for Blademaster, 5 for Depthswalkers, 10 for Druids, 8 for Infernals, 2 for Jester, 2 for Magi, 2 for Monk, 6 for Occultists, 3 for Paladin, 1 for Priest, 2 for Psion, 5 for Runewardens, 8 for Sentinels, 5 for Serpents, 3 for Shaman, and 8 for Sylvan.
4 for Dragon, 2 for Firelord, 2 for Waterlord, 1 for Earthlord, and 1 for Airlord.
Finally, because that's not enough for one whole week, we've removed most of the impassable chops in the ship arena. This should open up more flexibility in actually practising combat skills without navigation getting in the way too much.
HOWEVER, we've left in some nightmare spots since being able to sail in difficult chop is an important skill.
While the Tsol'teth made war on Ashtan and Mhaldor, the resistance movement of Cyrene saw their opportunity and struck. Under the guidance of an unlikely hero, the brave Cyrenians mustered their forces and launched a counterattack on their captured city, freeing Blu, the Guardian Dragon, and reclaiming their home!
"Well, that was again, profoundly unpleasant."
So remarked the wizard Hycanthus, as he trudged up the steps to his mountain shack a second time, returning from the Halls of Death at the behest of an irritable Mhaldorian. The collected might of the Cyrenian Resistance lingered outside his mediocre shack as he approached, kitted up for war.
The furore of fresh assault was well under way in Mhaldor and Ashtan both. With the two citystates occupied in a fight for their very lives, perhaps now they might leave the intrepid wizard to his own business, at long last.
And what greater business was there than defusing unthwartable wards with the power of glorious, glorious explosives?
So it was that with the Resistance in tow, Hycanthus descended down into the hidden expanses of the Phaestian Temple, where few eyes had ever dared to glance. A bag of experimental explosives hummed in their sack hanging from his waist, clattering about loudly with every step.
As Sir Eril Rian-Moonshadow, the Hand of Phaestus Himself revealed a long-hidden passage into the midst of Cyrene's Lyceum, billowing tendrils of amaranthine Tide lashed back warily, testing the wardings of the Temple. Luckily, they held, the wizard noted - but for how long?
With little time to waste, Hycanthus prepared his vaunted prototype, the culmination of many hours of tinkering and work, gracefully supplemented by the countless offerings of the warriors of the White Wave and the Cyrenian Resistance. Uttering a gentle incantation, the evocation enchantments embedded into its depths spurned into life.
And live, they did. With alarming speed, the flames grew in his hands, threatening to set fire to the very archives in which all of Cyrene's hopeful presided. A casual toss sent the device Tideward, and the rest was history.
A catastrophic force rippled throughout the Vashnars, dispersing the condensed Tide in a display of arcane mastery. Some who knew Hycanthus better may be inclined to call it accidental, but not he, for the wizard had only the following to say of his magnum opus:
"I knew it would work!"
Follow the links to read about the Tsol'teth attacks on Ashtan and Mhaldor, and continue the story of Cyrene's recovery with A Cold Reminder and A Matter of Time.
Achaea's pursuit of perfect balance continues apace as another round of classleads were submitted, weighed, and judged! This latest batch of updates includes changes for Occultists, Psions, and Blademasters!
* Base damage of LYCANTHA has been reduced. This should bring the up front dps more into line with other classes - the scaling currently remains unchanged, but I'm happy to revisit this if required.
* MAGMASPHERE will now always break at least one limb upon detonation.
* VAPOURISE now flares brands when it successfully strips a magical shield.
* INSTILL now shows the affliction delivered to the user.
* Durations of VANISH have been increased slightly. Ten additional seconds for partial, five for total.
* You can no longer PSI MANIPULATE the use of GEMS OF NEGATION.
* ARASH no longer makes you take more damage vs denizens than vs players.
* ARASH has had its penalty vs denizen-sourced damage reduced.
* PURGE now does increased damage against a target with the SPIRITBURN affliction. This affliction is consumed in the process.
* There is now an optional argument to permit the delaying of SALVATION, causing the effect to activate two seconds later rather than immediately.
The Tsol'teth Ama-maalier addressed the overland on the public newsboard with updated demands and a deadline which approaches soon...
Our Tide crests higher and grows stronger with the passing of each cycle. We hold shi-Cyrene and nahu-s-hailqas-Cyrene is cast aside. We are joined by shi-Hashan, shi-Moghedu, and shi-Targossas.
Your conflict with us spurs growth, and our lines will grow. Growth of our lines expands our Meld. Your attempt at resistance has failed.
We dictate the acquisition of these remaining specimens:
- Penwize Baker
- The guardian abomination of shi-Ashtan
- Mhaldorus, a colossal daemon
Finally, we reiterate our dictation of the immediate relinquishing of all knowledge purloined by the disgraced Falaq-maal.
We dictate to Tezlari-tarin a deadline: the sixth cycle of your month called Scarlatan, 800 years after Seleucar's fall.
Total compliance will result in the temporary delay of your inevitable processing. Continued defiance will result in necessary acquisitions.
While you have adventures of your own every day in Achaea's world, the game offers more than many have a chance to experience. With the introduction of the Adventure system, Phileo in Delos will be rewarding people who complete his varied tasks with renown!
But this isn't just something that will give you bragging rights at your tavern of choice, renown can be spent on a variety of rewards, including gold, lessons, and even artefacts!
As of this release, there are currently four adventure themes: Conflict, Seafaring, Hunting, and Exploration/Questing.
Adventures are offered in a cyclical system. The theme will change four times every in-game year. These changes will take place on the first day of Sarapin, Miraman, Valnuary, and Chronos.
While a theme is active, you are able to choose whether you want an Easy, Medium, or Hard adventure. Once you've chosen, you have until the theme changes to complete it!
You might get an adventure that is too difficult or not to your taste. But do not fret! You can REJECT this adventure, which will allocate a new one for you for a gold cost. This can only be done once per theme period, however, so be careful!
Once you complete an adventure, you will gain renown. It is rewarded for the completion, and your current level of renown is available on SCORE RESOURCES.
- Easy adventures award 10 Renown
- Medium adventures award 20 Renown
- Hard adventures award 30 Renown
Renown does not decay, cannot be transferred or traded, and cannot be dropped.
Renown can be spent on the following rewards:
1 hour xp bonus (10%) - 10 renown
1 hour crit bonus (2%) - 10 renown
10,000 gold - 15 renown
6 lessons - 15 renown
30k gold cap increase - 20 renown
3 hour xp bonus (10%) - 25 renown
3 hour crit bonus (2%) - 25 renown
60 lessons - 140 renown
600 lessons - 1300 renown
an adventurer's giftbox* - 2000 renown
Notes regarding rewards:
- The gold cap boost can only be purchased if you don't already have one in effect.
- XP and crit bonuses will extend the timer if you purchase more than one.
- Artefacts from the adventurer's giftbox CAN NOT be traded in.
ADVENTURE - See the current theme and related commands.
ADVENTURE EMBARK (EASY|MEDIUM|HARD)- Choose your adventure.
ADVENTURE REJECT - Reroll your adventure, this has a gold cost and can only be done once per theme.
ADVENTURE RECALL - What adventure are you working on?
SCORE RESOURCES or RENOWN - See how much renown you have earned.
ADVENTURE REWARDS LIST - See what you can buy with your renown.
ADVENTURE REWARDS CLAIM (reward) - Spend your hard earned renown.
Note: We may add more themes as time goes on! Completion time, Renown, and prizes will be adjusted if this happens.
HELP ADVENTURES has all of the details, and the giftbox prize list!
Have fun, and happy adventuring!
At the behest of Yudhishthira, Conclave leader, and occasional formidable red dragon Mage, the wizard Hycanthus has offered this annotated account of the siege of Cyrene:
My Lord Dragon,
Per your extraordinarily (some might say ridiculously) explicit and detailed instructions to me (instead of to somebody far better suited to this sort of thing), I have collected this recording for confirmation and inclusion to the accumulated knowledge of the Conclave despite how much it has taken me away from my preferred research (repeatedly). I have included a limited record of Coalition commentary (but I don't see why). Additional communications captured by a Telepathy Helm are secured behind the customary spells of concealment (for whatever reason). I have included notations on aspects that our Conclave may wish to investigate and study in the future (which is the only thing I think we should be interested in).
Riven by some malevolent external force, the tunnel-entrance to Cyrene collapses violently into ruin alongside a deafening crash.
A pair of dark figures appear in the mountains overlooking Cyrene, twin silhouettes cast into sharp relief by the moonlight as they tread with nonchalant indifference over the newly sundered debris.
The fractal barrier surrounding Cyrene glows with renewed purpose, surging and swirling with radiant defiance.
(It appears that our work survived past its destruction! We should be commended for its resilience. I believe I was responsible for that part.)
Undeterred, the voice of Ama-maalier rises to an imperious timbre of command, intoning with utmost clarity, "Elud'hailqad."
(I believe this to be a hitherto-unknown enunciation of their Terminus arts. If they can command such added abilities unknown to the studies of Sapience, what other hidden powers might they possess? Our records already show the assault upon Ashtan and the death of Gattan'lier as accompanying a devastating earthquake. Possibly hidden research? It may provide interesting avenues of study in the greater levels of destruction they seem capable of unleashing!)
The piercing tones of Gattan'bahar ring out as the Secret Storm joins the disquieting chorus. The two raise their weapons and step forward.
Countless writhing shadows churn to life, roiling about the Tsol'teth women in ominous waves of un-light, the haggard faces of Adrik, Mezghar, and Tynil visible amidst the gloam.
Ama-maalier utters an unspoken command and touches the tip of her sword to the blazing barrier. The shield flickers and the shadow stirs, blank visages coalescing in vague fascimiles of Taryius, Lii, and Iloisee before deliquescing and reforming anew.
Ammar, Zugath, and Krizal manifest in the darkness, twisted faces bound by ancient magic as the animate shade leaps forward as one abhorrent unit, hammering at the glowing shield in a silent frenzy of unrelenting blows. In moments, the barrier groans a sickening death knell before exploding in a shower of prismatic shards.
The figures of Silon'ukia and Terrin'tuuran appear, flanking the Dark Hate and Secret Storm as the Tsol'teth quartet look down over Cyrene from their mountainous vantage.
Morose silence descends, and Ama-maalier steps forward, beckoning her cadre of three to follow and observe.
Primal terror is all you know as the indomitable tones of The Dark Hate thunder throughout Creation, "Hwarak alshamar osang rach haahl! Kwarak alshamar osang rach haahl! In the name of the eternal darkness, you will all obey ME! Turn on your brethren! Turn on those you love! Slay them all! Hwarak alshamar osang rach haahl"
(Naturally, this is a demonstration of their Litany of Obedience at its fullest level. Histories demarcate it as the same Litany that devastated the forces of Seleucar when unleashed by Overlord Agith'maal. In any invasion upon a city - in this case Cyrene, rather than Imperial Seleucar - employment of the Litany is retrospectively obvious. With the clustering about their guards, their slaughter was assured. The Tsol'teth have probably observed usual responses and gathering points. Do you think the surviving cities have adjusted their tactics and forces accordingly?)
Enraptured by the dread litany, the guards of Cyrene fall to confusion, eyes filled with shadow and smoke. Imperial guardsmen, venerable monks, runic knights, and mountain archers ready themselves for battle, dashing troubadours crooning a baleful anthem in the Tsol'teth tongue all the while.
(Following the death of Cyrene's defenders, the Tsol'teth appear to have focused their attention upon the Greater Eidolon and Guardian Dragon, Blu. My Lord Dragon, I suggest that if they show interest in you we take precautions to ensure you are not assailed. You have intimated some knowledge of the Dark Hate on prior occasions. Perhaps this could leverage at least a standoff? Not that I would like living in a volcano, but I would take it over death by rose-coloured fog.)
An ear-splitting roar thunders across Sapience as the Guardian Dragon attempts to resist the litany's call.
Unfurling his mighty wings, Blu attempts to take flight but it is in vain: coils of living shadow twine about the draconic figure, suffocating the anguished, agonised howl he looses as captivity takes hold.
(Some Cyrenians attempted to make their guards return to the fold by simply shouting at them. Did they actually think defying the Litany would be that easy?!)
An eerie hymn lifted by the raised voices of a thousand nereids heralds a churning, frothing wave that rises from the depths to wash over and across Cyrene, leaving only a swirling mist in its wake.
(Assistance from their City's Patron, no doubt. It didn't help much.)
The unyielding tones of Gattan'bahar exude preternatural conviction as she calls out, "Begin."
(In the interests of not drowning this record beneath the flood of deaths entering the hall of the Finality, although I am sure you would enjoy watching me write down every single one, I have removed what we all viewed via our attunement to the realms of death.)
The blazing tones of Sir Eril Rian-Moonshadow, Hand of Phaestus's voice scorch through the air, "Cowards!"
(Frankly I have no idea why he would be shouting something so ridiculous. Their deliberate engagement was hardly cowardly. Unless he mistook cowardice for confidence.)
[Captured Communication] (The Coalition of Sapience): Penwize says, "The Tsol'teth are currently destroying shrines to Neraeos, and raising shrines to Tlalaiad. Not shrines of the meld, actual Divine Shrines."
The unyielding tones of Gattan'bahar exude preternatural conviction as she calls out, "Victory is at hand. Do not falter."
(Why the reinforcements from the Coalition did not act to damage or defile the raised shrines, or prevent the Tsol'teth from completing their work, I am not sure. Perhaps they were blind to the possibility? Or perhaps their battlefield commanders were not informed?)
Deadly intent is manifest in every word as Kaama'lier decrees, "By my reckoning, all of you qualify as non combatants."
(Anecdotally, it appears that what the Tsol'teth refer to as their "Main Line Five" are superior in might and prowess to the lesser warriors. Defeat or death of any one of these is probably a much more difficult prospect. But in almost all cases, there was no recorded use of their Aeonics. It is extraordinarily powerful and potent. Why not use it? It's not as if anything could go wrong.)
The unyielding tones of Gattan'bahar exude preternatural conviction as she calls out, "The sixth has fallen."
The unyielding tones of Gattan'bahar exude preternatural conviction as she calls out, "Secure the city."
Deadly intent is manifest in every word as Kaama'lier decrees, "To me!"
(This instruction to his fellow Tsol'teth led to them gathering at the Centre Crossing. Then they killed everybody else.)
(I am reasonably sure that it was near this point when the telepathic oversoul of Cyrene, and its associated channels, began to falter. Perhaps an indication of the city itself weakening?)
Plumes of smoke trail into the sky over Cyrene as the entire city weeps under the weight of protracted battle. In the ruinous aftermath, Ama-maalier and Silon'ukia descend from the mountains, pacing lock-step through the streets as they survey their newly conquered lands.
(The Dark Hate and Thirst seem to occupy an administrative role, rather than as soldiers or combatants. Although their personal ability is still by any measure quite absurd. I wonder what they would be like to study?)
Deadly intent is manifest in every word as Kaama'lier decrees, "Few qualify for processing. Failure is abject."
(I wonder what they mean by processing. Many of their visages appear as union of Tsol with another race. Do you have insight, Lord Dragon?)
Lady of the Crossing Tesha al Ashtad, the Dawn's Resolve shouts, "It was never about whether we succeed or not. The warriors of Creation have stood against you, will stand against you, and will always stand against you. You will never break us."
(The Targossians then departed Cyrene rather than continue standing. The present Lady of the Crossing surrendered the Staff of Nicator to Gattan'bahar before leaving.)
Traversing Ministrickle Road, Gattan'bahar joins the parade of conquest, the three Tsol'teth turning their eyes upon the Icerune Crater. Ama-maalier simply nods.
Primal terror is all you know as the indomitable tones of The Dark Hate thunder throughout Creation, "Bring the Dragon."
Acquiescing to the Dark Hate's command, waves of living shadow drag the bound and captured form of Blu before the Icerune Crater, his once-majestic form diminished from the Tsol'teth onslaught.
Opening her mouth a mere fraction, Ama-maalier directs a portion of her might at the Guardian Dragon, her expression cold and remorseless as she imposes her will upon the helpless prisoner.
A wan, fatigued roar echoes across the City of Cyrene as Blu, the Guardian Dragon once more attempts and fails to resist the litany's call.
Primal rage manifests in the Dragon's eyes, a rabid frenzy absent of all conscience or mercy. The shadows binding him withdraw, and, drawing himself up to his full height, Blu swiftly manoeuvres his massive draconic form, bringing his immense tail crashing into the Icerune Crater, shattering the font with a single explosive blow.
His initial purpose served, the Guardian Dragon howls as he finds himself once more inexorably bound in shadows, shackled and ignored amid a nest of font fragments.
(They didn't destroy the Font themselves?)
Apparently satisfied, the Dark Hate and her retinue withdraw to the Imperiate's chambers. In their wake, the forces of Anzari-tarin dispatch their guards and begin to establish a perimeter.
(I have considered attempting to penetrate the walls of Cyrene and take records of what they are doing. However, I am also not an idiot.)
Primal terror is all you know as the indomitable tones of The Dark Hate thunder throughout Creation, "Conquered Overlanders, the Law is laid out. It shall be heeded."
(She refers of course to new laws imposed by the Tsol'teth. I have included them below.)
1. We are all One in the Meld.
2. The Overlord will not be displaced without permission of the Genesis.
3. Unsanctioned procreation is forbidden, at penalty of immediate processing.
4. All will submit to mandatory assessment and training for the purposes of advancing the Meld.
5. Those without worth will immediately submit to reprocessing, for the betterment of the Tsol'teth.
6. No creation with the gift of thought will be formed outside the Meld.
7. The Forbidden Art will remain so, save for the burdened few.
8. The line of Gattan'lier will settle all cases where the law is deemed ambiguous.
(I have not included the shouted refusals. But what is the Forbidden Art? I am so very curious! And no creations with the gift of thought either. Are they still mad about that?)
With this, my record comes to an end (finally), and I will be returning to my studies (which I didn't want to be taken from in the first place).
- Hycanthus of the Conclave
Demonstrating their might, as promised, to the gathered populace of Sapience, the Tsol'teth have occupied Cyrene, destroyed the Icerune crater, and spread their dark tidings throughout the streets.
After taking her place as Overlord of Cyrene, the First of Six, Ama-maalier informed the city of the new laws now in effect
- We are all One in the Meld.
- The Overlord will not be displaced without permission of the Genesis.
- Unsanctioned procreation is forbidden, at penalty of immediate processing.
- All will submit to mandatory assessment and training for the purposes of advancing the Meld.
- Those without worth will immediately submit to reprocessing, for the betterment of the Tsol'teth.
- No creation with the gift of thought will be formed outside the Meld.
- The Forbidden Art will remain so, save for the burdened few.
- The line of Gattan'lier will settle all cases where the law is deemed ambiguous.
To read the battle account of the occupation, head to our events news!
In case you missed it on Public news, the Tsol'teth have a very particular set of demands. Ama-maalier posted these a few days ago, and has reiterated them with a particularly dire threat today.
Your barrier is broken and our tide flows forth.
A taste of our might was afforded you on Nishnatoba, where some scant few overlanders cast aside the defining inadequacy of your kind and showed skill.
We dictate the acquisition of these specimens:
Tesha al Ashtad
Mhaldorus, a colossal daemon
Blu, the Guardian Dragon
The guardian abomination of shi-Ashtan
We further dictate delivery of all persons proven worthy to hold the Staff of Nicator, barring the diminished Falaq-maal.
Finally, we require the immediate relinquishing of all knowledge purloined by the disgraced Falaq-maal.
Total compliance will result in the temporary delay of your inevitable processing. Defiance will result in swift destruction.
Representatives and opinion holders alike responded with blanket refusal to these demands, causing the Fulcrum of the Meld to return to the Public news boards once again with this promise:
Your refusal is determined, and its futility is recorded.
As you are proving recalcitrant in accepting your destined submission to us, a demonstration will be provided.
A glimpse of what awaits in your inevitable processing shall begin in fifty-four cycles of Tezlari-yumap across Tezlari-tarin.
The carefully maintained barrier in the Underrealm has fallen. The Tsol'teth and their dark tide have returned to the overland…
Deep within the earth, amaranthine tendrils flood the passageways of the Underrealm. Be it hall, cavern, grotto or tunnel, all know this simple truism: the Lords of the Underrealm, masters of that which is beneath the surface, are the Tsol'teth.
Decades of preparation had gone into this moment, ever since their victory over Tezlari-tarin in the birth of the Genesis and consignment of Falaq-maal to an ignominious defeat.
Study of the Dragon archmage's work, and the words that would subvert his brilliant, arcane creation.
The bargain of power, made by the Thirst with the herds of Tezlari-tarin, and the designation of the Collaborator.
The Collaborator's work in harmony with the designs of the Tsol'teth, unknown and undetected by those around.
Acquisition of that most precious commodity by the Sword of Hate. Divine essence, torn from the unworthy upon the battleground of Nishnatoba, where their path began. Its mystery impenetrable, but its use undeniable.
Acceleration of instability was accounted for.
The Dark Hate would be supported by the Meld.
A titanic roar of triumph shook the very ground beneath Balan'ukia as Ama-maalier rose to serve as an Avatar of Tlalaiad, the Genesis.
It shone in the black. A blinding beacon, a light seemingly alone in the night, surrounded by myriad others all adrift in the darkness, all together as one. Its existence was determined by the nature of its task, set down in the moment of its creation and imbuement.
In a time past, the barrier was complete, focused. A unified whole. But it had been lessened. Anchors once strong were broken, shattered. It was fragmented, fracturing. There came a piercing strike, as of a sword assaulting the very fabric of its substance. A triumphant roar of victory, an assault of strength greater than anything that had before been felt.
In a time past, the barrier could perhaps have contained it.
It was no longer that time.
The stones shattered, fragmenting into dozens upon dozens of fragments as the barrier crumpled in the face of the undeniable, an almighty earthquake rocking the ground of Sapience to hurl broken slivers far and wide across the land.
While adventurers across Sapience let loose a cry to the Mother of Dragons and embraced something Greater, the amaranthine currents of the Black Wave stretched forth to claim the Overland once more.
The Collaborator smiled.
Ever stepped away from Achaea for a few months, only to come back and die to the newest class addition or instakill? If you can answer yes to this, read on!
We've just added CONFIG COLOUR LETHALS to our configuration options which highlights all channelled attacks that will end in death! If you are a new player or someone who struggles to keep up with the evolution of Achaea's combat, this can be a massive help to see what's going on in raids without third party highlighting or triggers!
Because this could be a detriment to those fighters who like to befuddle and confuse with illusions, we've added the LETHAL(S) tag that will colour any illusion to match the target's configured lethals colour!
Simply prepend your illusion with LETHAL or LETHALS (case sensitive) to use it!
Bear in mind this will not work on area-wide or further reaching illusions enabled by the Shar'illian Lightspire.
The earth shakes and the stone breaks. As the Underrealm barrier weakened by the effort of some unknown collaborator working hand in hand with the reviled Tsol'teth, fragments of shattered stone fell across Achaea, empowering denizens and adventurers alike as conflict erupted for control of the remnants.
It shone in the black. A blinding beacon, a light seemingly alone in the night, surrounded by myriad others all adrift in the darkness, all together as one. A single, united whole, its existence determined by the nature of its task, set down in the moment of its creation and imbuement.
Then from whence came the pressure? At first it was small. Probing. Weak, even. But then it grew. And grew until abruptly, suddenly, there was a mind directing the aberration upon the beacon. A falsehood, a trick. And something was wrong. Something had lessened it, weakened the strength of the beacon, without any noticing. It had come from elsewhere. This was in error. This was not meant to be.
But it was too late.
The earthquake rocked Sapience, all the more dangerous in how it ranged from no one single point, but from multiple origins all acting in concert. Likewise, the effects of the earthquake were felt across the full span of the continent, a disaster that altered the lives of many. And as the earthquake finally stilled, the ominous absence of aftershocks a palpable one, the first Achaeans stumbled across the quicksilver fragments of shattered stone left behind.
As the first blows were struck in a burgeoning, bloody conflict over possession of the mysterious fragments, information was sought as much or more than the stone shards themselves. Whether it was the agreement struck between Targossas and Zsarachnor, advice sought from Ezekial by Ashtan, or Jirken's mad experimentation in the depths of Baelgrim, adventurers searched high and low for clues to what had happened, and what might come next.
Hycanthus says, "Have you considered attempting to shatter one? The release of energies would no doubt, if adequately measured, provide all manner of detailed information about their origin and purpose."
Lyaeus, the travelling bard says, "Why, what would I know? We live in interesting times. Yes, interesting times indeed!"
Apollonia says, "Whence five doth rule, and earth's bared maw, gapes to consume the mule, all returns to naught."
A fisherman says, "Look see here, fancy lizard man, I ain't got time to discuss no weird rocks. If I don't get my fish, then I don't eat dinner."
A crying child exclaims, "I want my mummy back!"
Angela, the Theran mayor says, "No, I'm not interested in handing it over. This might be the key to destroying Tir Murann!"
Zsarachnor, the Vampire Lord says, "A bargain was made. I am nobility, and nobility keeps its word."
A fishwife says, "The sky is falling, obviously! Now if you'd stop bothering me, I'm going to go and make an offering to the proper God. I just want my family to be safe."
Yudhishthira says, "Get out."
Penelope roars fiercely.
A dedicated scribe has suffered the fatal consequences of facing a weretigress in the ritual of the hunt.
The pursuit for perfect combat balance continues with a new round of classleads! Submissions are made, endorsements and censures have been given, decisions and designs await!
For those of you unfamiliar with the classlead process (or who would just like a refresher), here are the basics:
- Classleads are anonymous.
- Each person can submit up to five classlead reports. Please do not utilise alternative characters to bypass this limit: I will be annoyed.
- Your reports should supply reasoning alongside the perceived problem: if something is too strong/weak, you should always state why. It's best to avoid drawing comparisons to other classes, although sometimes this is appropriate. Use your best judgement!
- You should attempt to supply multiple solutions (where applicable - some cases are fairly cut and dry).
There are full details along with command breakdowns under HELP CLASSLEADS and the CLASSLEAD command!
Working like frenzied exterminators, our coders have squashed hundreds of bugs! These fixes range from large scale systems to every day errors, and everything in between!
- DEFENCES will now list any crit bonus you are benefitting from
- FORECAST will now display the current weather of the area
- Shopkeeper signs for first-time buyers will no longer default to an unreadable colour scheme
- Emulation's Aklan Servitor will no longer report players in beds
- PSI BLAST will now give a message to the victim when it fails
- The helpfiles a player sees in CLHELP INDEX and the helpfiles a player can actually read are now one and the same
- You can no longer SURGE (or any similar ability) past certain locked doors
- WHISTLE will no longer override artefact hitching posts
- WEAVING LAUNCH will no longer silently knock people from the sky
- People with absurdly long titles will no longer display awkwardly in CWHO|boldwhite}WEAVING LAUNCH
- MIRIADS now respect Divine Grace
- Newly assaulted mines will now incur the same grace period as newly built mines
- DESTABILISE SILENCE will now properly show on diagnose for its duration
- TIDALWAVE is no longer an aggressive ability
- A few players who erroneously had the ability to view bugs can no longer do so
- DESTABILISE SILENCE now properly prevents CALL FOR HELP
- MATERIALS is now sorted alphabetically
- Custom marriage lines will no longer persist through multiple marriages
- PERVASION TSUNAMI now respects prone
- The GOLDENSNAKESKIN talisman now permanently drops aggression on all non-boss denizens
- The SOULSLIVER talisman now shows a rough estimation of its charge when PROBEd
- SHADOW INTONE now respects IGNORE
- Fishing honours lines are now counted when displaying how many honours a player has
- WEAVING RALLY will no longer use a player's motto in place of a warcry
- The tank of silvery enticement can no longer be used at zero charge
- PSIONICS INSERTION is now caught by VISION TELESENSE as well as the Telepathy equivalent
- PSIONICS INSERTION can now be used on the Army channel
- Several previously-hidden afflictions are now properly visible on AFFLICTION LIST
- WISHing for a resistance now has a line on DEFENCES
- NAUSEA afflicted by fractures will now grant kill credit to the proper killer
- The VENERATION miracle now conveys the proper crit bonus
- Veiled Depthswalkers who are Tsol'aa will no longer find themselves revealed upon leaving the forests
- Certain deaths that were hidden from the Death Keeper's mask artefact will now display properly
- The AGITH'MAAL legenddeck card may no longer be used from outer islands
- IGNITION CRUCIBLEs will no longer persist indefinitely when forsaking fire
- DEVOTION ILLUMINATION may no longer be used to cross planar boundaries
- The TRIXY legenddeck card may no longer be used from outer islands
- Seasone's pocketflasks will no longer prevent players from logging out for their duration
- Ship crews and adornments will no longer find their way mysteriously into the wilderness
- Damage from the MAYA FIGURINE talisman will no longer carry over to city guards, mounts, or player falcons
- BECALM now respects the Ama-maalier legenddeck card
- Guards will no longer mysteriously change from one guard type to another
- EMULATION DESTRUCTION can no longer be used on a player that is already dead
- Players can no longer see UPCOMING INFO for organisations they are not a member of
- Tentacle and other similar abilities now respect the Ama-maalier legenddeck card
- Monks can no longer use DELIVERANCE while using the Yuthka legenddeck card
- The GENEROSITY affliction will no longer cause you to hand random players items from across the world
- EFFERVESCENCE now has a message upon fading for all players in the room
- Abrupt disconnects will no longer cause a Gem of Cloaking to remain active indefinitely
- Players with classes forbidden by their city will no longer be unable to induct new citizens
- PSIONICS VANISH will no longer fail to hide a player's movements at random intervals
- City-loyal denizens will no longer speak with inconsistent ellipses upon death
- The RUDOLPHO legenddeck card now properly affects speech in all circumstances
- GLAMOURS created by the Shar'ilian lightspire artefact now last the proper number of months before decaying
- The TENTS command will now list all Shop of Wonders tents you own
- The EARRINGS command will now list all earrings of Sinope you own, as well as their partners
- Channel histories can now be checked while on any non-treacherous plane
- Players may no longer escape toading or maggoting by prevailing into an elemental form
- The CULLING BLADE will no longer randomly fail to hit a third target, where applicable
With the MAPS themed contest now closed, the submissions have been judged and the winners announced!
Winner: Numira with her Map of Targossas!
Runnerup: Finchy with a Bardic entry about the exasperated map makers of Achaea.
Runnerup: Oceana with a look into the tritonic silver mines.
Merit: Velinae with a star map of Achaea's heavens.
Merit: Syndra with a tale about Ceylon.
Congratulations to all of our winners!
Demigod Coelano rescued a wounded phoenix from Rhea, Daughter of the Void, and carried it to Targossas. Though the Dawnspear was unable to restore the phoenix to her natural cycle, by anointing themselves with the ashes her spirit and song lived on in the Zeal skill, now available to the Priest class!
After many mutterings that one day we'd like to do this... A major priest rework is now live!
The class now plays very differently to previously. Here are the broad strokes:
* HELLSIGHT has become paladin only.
* INQUISITION has undergone fairly major changes - see the abfile for details.
* VISIONS now gives dementia by default and shyness if dementia is already present.
* The skill has been deleted.
* SPIRITUAL MACES have had their stats adjusted. Level three remains unchanged, but unartefacted through to level two are now faster than previously.
* The JUDGE lines have changed.
* CHASTEN no longer consumes equilibrium when following a SMITE or SMASH.* SMASH has had its balance cost changed.
* SPIRITWRACK has been removed for the time being.
* Targeted SEAR now gives sensitivity if the target is already ablaze. It also does some fire damage in this situation.
* The final affliction on CHASTEN BODY has been changed from justice to manaleech.
* Smite damage (limb and health) have undergone major formula changes.
* ANGEL CARE is now a consistent ten second tick.
* The skill has been added.
* Spiritshields now function when the priest isn't in room as they did in the past, though only against denizen-sourced attacks. Player attacks still require the priest to be in the target's location to convey the bonus.
Achaea needs your input before we can begin work on implementing our next game system!
We've just made a new post on the forums about the next big project we're working on, tentatively (and temporarily) named Engagement Tasks, a daily/weekly/bimonthly set of tasks and objectives aimed at broadening your experience with the Achaea game world.
We are actively looking for suggestions!
Not only that, but we also need ideas for the system's name - whoever supplies the best one will win 100 credits!
Bug fixing is an ongoing task in Achaea, so many systems, so many years of development! Checkout the list of fixes we've implemented since the beginning of 2019!
- When used in arenas, Enlighten will no longer shout to the world
- Suremekh'neina talisman pieces now have the proper tradein value
- Unmorphing will now properly drop the blocking defence
- You can no longer attempt to use the power of your bloodsworn if your partner is offline
- The ITCHING affliction will now wait the proper amount of time before delivering its first affliction
- The Living Book of Eschaton shall no longer provide Occultists with karma upon study
- EVADE now respects the Ama-maalier legend card
- PROPAGAGE ARMS WITH LOBELIA will cause thornrend to give vertigo properly, instead of the old loneliness
- Psions can now dismantle an active servitor with ENACT COMPANION DISMANTLE
- The Unnameable Horror legend card will now properly respect telepathic channels (such as party)
- Emulation LIFEBOND, Emulation ROTH, Psionics VANISH, and Shindo MEDITATE will now all show on COOLDOWNS
- Deaths to bleeding delivered by a player should no longer be attributed to a random mob or item
- Pisonics MANIPULATE now has a third-person message
- SYVIS relapses should now properly inform the giver when it fires, instead of the receiver
- CM LIST now requires equilibrium to use
- When trading for SHIP CARGO, using the incorrect syntax should no longer purchase random cargo
- Offering to MENTOR a player will no longer incorrectly display on the potential protege's SCORE
- The PAZUZU legend card will no longer prevent entry into Shop of Wonders tents
- EAVESDROP now properly respects both deafness and the mindseye defence
- The EAT command will now prioritise cures, when you have multiple items of the same name
- Hunting blinds will no longer act as if players are in the sky while upon the ground
- Telepathy ISOLATION is now properly masked from gmcp
- The rank 4 WATCH ability in Seafaring now functions properly
- DRAGONROAR now respects the silence of Breathstealer
- NDS PROBE now shows the capacity of containers
- DISASSEMBLE should now work properly for transcendent furnishers
- Furnishing items will now show who is seated on them when PROBEd
- MANIFEST TSUNAMI will no longer work while in the skies or trees
- Random commands will no longer be added to balance queues while speedwalking
- Spiritlore TOTEMs will now hit players in an entourage
- Spiritlore SMUDGE now has a balance cost
- ANGEL AURA is no longer considered aggressive when used on yourself
- LISTEN no longer fails if you have the DEAFNESS defence
- SHAKE TREE HERE will attempt to use the typical SHAKE emote on a tree in your location, instead of the SHAKING ability
- Grandmaster Blacksmiths no longer have to use descriptors in their armour for a chance at bonus statistics
- Weather now properly respects the shining feather artefact
- The apperception stone and FALCON GLANCE no longer erroneously trigger skywatch/groundwatch
- The MATERIALS command now allows Furnishers to list all potential samples
- Gold gained past the cap while in lesserform will now properly add to a players RANKINGS ENDOWERS
- Reincarnation will no longer permanently change a player's base dragon colour
- The MARAN legend card now applies to damage from denizens
- Players will no longer benefit from the MARAN legend card if their attacker stands in its effects
- Players can no longer mark public designs as private
- Weapons moved via SHIP REQUISITION will no longer reset to their previous room
- Shadowmancy STEP will no longer work into or out of beds
- The MUDBOMBBINDING talisman piece will now display on TALISMAN PIECES properly
- The ADS FOR syntax now works properly
- SHOWEMOTE DOFF will no longer use random mob names
- The contender's journal talisman should no longer have blank pages
- Designs that are made public will no longer retain their private status
- A few shady roulette dealers have been admonished, and will properly reward you for outside bets
- The TRADESKILLS command now lists your tradeskills
- Festive Logosmas decorations are no longer permanent
- Emulation IMPOSITION will no longer fail silently
- Ship owners will be warned three days before their ships are drydocked
- OUTFITs can no longer be used to wear items you couldn't wear otherwise
The team has also been hard at work fixing various typos across the NDS listings, in the HELP files, and in various ability messages.
We're using the Death set to conduct a grand talisman experiment!
We've long been unhappy by the spread of talisman items in the game, the frustrations the cache system causes, and the problems created by scarcity and rarity. We're going to try something a bit different!
We do take the alteration of any system that involves your money very seriously, we always strive to ensure satisfaction by as much of the playerbase as possible, and we always aim to promote game health wherever we can.
In a new shop in Delos, the Death talisman set is on sale for bound credits.
Each is a complete item and will be bound to you on purchase.
If you purchase one and later regret it, these can be traded in like normal for the usual 2/3rds adjustment of the purchase amount.
But this is not the only change! We know that many people already have one or more pieces from the Death set, and we don't want to render these worthless.
If you have two or three pieces of a talisman in the Death set, you can:
TALISMAN COMPLETE PARTIAL <talismanname>
to complete it for the remainder of the bound credit value of the item as it is in the Delosian Talisman shop.
DOING THIS WILL COMPLETE THE TALISMAN AND BIND IT TO YOU.
Talismans completed in this manner will have an altered tradein that reflects their credit worth, including the credit-purchased completion.
E.G You have: cruciblebase and cruciblebowl.
You use TALISMAN COMPLETE PARTIAL CRUCIBLE and pay 500 bound credits.
This is half the cost of the crucible in the shop because you already have half of the pieces.
You get: a completed soulfire crucible talisman.
This item has a tradein value of: 346 bound credits. This is 2/3rds of 520 credits (the 500 credits paid above, plus your 2 pieces valued at 10 credits each.)
You are also still free to trade these talisman pieces around, so if you only have one piece of a Death talisman, you can ask around to try and get two in order to be able to complete your partial collection.
HELP DEATH TALISMANS now exists with all this information, and the specifics of the set.
All of the above ONLY applies to the DEATH talisman set at this time.
Provided that this experiment works out the way that we hope, we'll be looking to make the Delosian Talisman Shop's stock rotate to offer a different talisman set each (RL) month!
If you have any questions about any of this, please don't hesitate to ask via ISSUE ME or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!
With the first quarter classleads decisions made, classlead implementation has begun! Read on for the first batch of updates and changes! For the Furnishers, Tailors, Chefs, and Jewellers of Achaea we've also added an urgent queue to design submissions.
* MORPHING ARMOUR has had its cooldowns significantly reduced. One hour for level one, twenty minutes for level two, ten minutes for level three.
* BUFFET now relapses against the same target that it previously hit for additional damage after 2 seconds.
* EFFERVESCENCE now gives a room wide message when it ends. This shows at all elevations.
* COWARDICE will no longer cancel tumble on hindered opponents. Note that the old functionality can still be achieved with comboed screech: I feel the opportunity cost of this is high enough that it is fine to retain.
* HOMUNCULI now explode upon both the activation of MAYOLOGY and the periodic ticks of damage that occur.
* MANIPULATE is now blocked by the CONFUSION affliction.
* WAVESCYTHE has had its range significantly increased.
* The SHIELD seaspell now scales up in cost by 200 for each use in the last minute. Note that each use resets the minute timer and this caps at an additional 800 cost (on top of the base value).
* AELKISH has had its reduction of willpower cost on the bleed curse increased when attuned.
* Reduced how much power an angel must be on to be summoned from 15 to 5% of its maximum.
* VOIDFIST no longer clears upon being impaled.
* VOIDFIST has had its duration brought in line with other elemental fist attacks.
* VOIDFIST now causes strikes to deal some mana damage on successfully landing: this replaces the old functionality.
* Shin generation is halved when striking a VOIDFISTED opponent.
* You may now summon your snake while off balance, though this incurs a longer equilibrium cost.
* The COLOURS ability is now learned much earlier in the skill.
* The equilibrium cost of DEATHSIGHT has been removed. It still requires you be on equilibrium to activate, however.
* (Dual Blunt): ASSAULT TORSO now has a faster balance than ASSAULT HEAD.
* (Sword and Board): the damage against denizens has been increased.
* You can now THROW items with SELFISHNESS active.
* UNWEAVE now does damage.
Crafting Submissions - Urgent!
Marking a submission as urgent can be done by appending it to the original syntax:
DESIGN <sketch> SUBMIT [URGENT]
This causes the submission to cost 10,000 gold instead of the typical 1000, and immediately places the new submission into the urgent queue where it will take high priority for approvals.
We've just put a big stack of auctions live in Achaea, plenty for those with gold or credits on hand, and some great customisation options!
Use the AUCTION syntax in game to see all related commands and read HELP AUCTIONS for details.
If you have any questions about a specific auction that AUCTION INFO <#> doesn't answer, please ISSUE ME!
1 - Icy Igloo
Work with the Customisations team to pick out a chilly location for your Out of Subdivision home! Then, choose whether you want them to surprise you with a 5 room build in the ice castle, igloo, or grotto theme, or to have the room credits to design as you wish.
2 - Custom Dragon Description
Work with the Garden design team to create your own unique dragon description. This description will then be applied to your character whenever you are in dragon form. DISCLAIMER: While there is plenty of room for creativity, the description must remain explicitly draconic.
3 - A Personal Bar
This piece of custom furniture refills with a 5 drink selection that the Customisations team will work with you to create.
Final design and drinks will have to be suitable for Achaea's roleplaying environment.
4 - Enhanced Shop Cart
This expanded and nondecay shop cart will let the winner stock 50 items and move it around.
5 - Breathstealer Ring
This ring holds the power to bring down a room-wide silence effect for 20 seconds. This is instant and not subject to being dampened or dispelled.
It does require balance and equilibrium to use, will consume balance, and will incur a five minute cooldown before it can be called on again.
6 - Innate Morphing Armour
This armour set is the equivalent of three-slotted armour with innate morphing capabilities that do not require use of one of the three slots.
7 - Racial Language Fluency
Win this auction and be fully fluent in one of the racial languages (this does not include dragon, Vertani, or Tsol'dasi).
8 - Completed Talisman
The winner of this auction may choose a fully completed talisman from any promotional set.
9 - Orb of Sllshya's Wrath
THROW ORB to summon a magical snowstorm in the room. Grants all of the same benefits as the Groves ability SNOWSTORM.
10 - Arrow of Ethian
Unlimited meteor arrows!
11 - Gavel of Etheric Revelation
POUND GROUND to reveal phased serpents!
12 - Vastarian Flute
PLAY FLUTE and you will cause a GUST to occur in the location, banishing fumes and smoke.
13 - House Ambience
Work with the Customisations team to create 5 Achaea-appropriate ambient messages to fire in various rooms in your home.
14 - Free Arena Entry Token
With this token in hand, arena fees will be nonexistent for one of your combative stature!
15 - Resonating Collar
Order your pet to shout! (This does have a regional limitation.)
16 - Any Legend Deck Card
Choose any of the cards from all legend deck suits - see HELP LEGENDDECK for specifics on each!
17 - Level 1 Talisman Piece
The winner may choose any level 1 piece from any of the promotional talisman sets.
18 - Combination Artefact
Choose from a survivalist's bandana, a cabalist's cowl, a sorcerous bangle, a gladiator's medal, a polished silver stamp, an intricate silver leaf cage, or an onyx ouroboros statuette! See HELP PROMO ITEMS to find out what these do.
DISCLAIMER: These powers/items cannot be traded in, but can be upgraded!
19 - Package Pet
This auction affords the winner their very own package pet! Including the full suite of features (outlined in HELP PETS), submit your own design specification or let the Garden designers surprise you!
20 - 200 Housing Credits
The winner of this auction will receive 200 housing credits to build or expand their own home!
21 - Minipet
The winner of this auction may choose any minipet from any of the available COLLECTIONS!
22 - 3 Muse Pages or Bloodstained Shards
Choose three pages for the Tome of the Muses, or three bloodstained shards of enamel for your locket - see HELP PROMO ITEMS for details!
23 - Ranger's Bow and Shooting
This is a level 1 artefact bow that includes the SHOOTING addon!
24 - New Delos Shop
Become the proprietor of your very own shop within the Isle of Delos! Situated SE off Western Epitus Avenue, your shelves are fresh and your clean stockroom awaits!
25 - Crystalline Door Chime
Set this outside your subdivision house, and when visitors pull it, your house will fill with chiming sounds to alert you that someone is at the door!
Remember, there is no day 0 on the auction countdown, so get your bids in before Day 1 ends.
Deckhands in Achaea can now BRIBE the dockside workers to get another player thrown off a ship! It'll be a lot harder to hide now.
Many people have purchased ships for storage, whether that be for mechanical reasons (cures and such) or for thematic ones (such as libraries). This is a big reason why ship invasion has always been a very problematic mechanic, and one we don't intend to implement. The other reason is that the amount of damage a player can do if they gain access to a ship is extreme, and the recourse of the ship owner is fairly limited in such a scenario.
With that in mind. Given the nature of Achaea it's very important to us that all avenues of conflict have satisfactory avenues for resolution. The current entirely safe nature of docked ships has been a long standing issue, but given that we are unwilling to implement ship invasion, this was always a tough problem to solve.
We have decided that a middle ground is the best way to move forward. Rather than players being able to invade ships, we have just added a new ability to Seafaring: BRIBE. This is a rank five Deckhand ability and permits you to bribe dockworkers at a harbour to pull a target off of a ship, with some caveats:
- This is expensive, and significantly more so if trying to bribe dockworkers at the home city of your target. It is not something you will be able to do continuously, even as a rich player.
- The target is not pulled to your room: they'll be dropped off in a random location within a radius of the harbour. This is to avoid the ability to camp at the disembark room upon a bribe and force someone into a no-win scenario.
- The target ship must remain at harbour for the bribe to succeed. If they are undocked when the windup ends, it will fail, given in this situation they are exposing themselves to other avenues of attack.
- Ships with high crew morale will also be much more expensive to bribe. The inverse of this is also true.
This is experimental and we'll be closely monitoring it going forward. We are optimistic that this compromise will solve most of the issues while allowing ship owners peace of mind that they can safely use their ships without having people break in.
Now's your chance to submit those problems and requests you have with the various abilities in Achaea. Whether they're submissions for change, balancing, or removal, Classleads are your what you need!
The classlead process is how we balance classes and add new abilities to skills as appropriate, and is generally the time when you can get your voices heard on issues of combat balance.
For those of you unfamiliar with the classlead process (or who would just like a refresher), here are the basics:
Classleads are anonymous.
- Each person can submit up to five classlead reports. Please do not utilise alternative characters to bypass this limit.
- Your reports should supply reasoning alongside the perceived problem: if something is too strong/weak, you should always state why. It's best to avoid drawing comparisons to other classes, although sometimes this is appropriate. Use your best judgement!
- You should attempt to supply multiple solutions (where applicable - some cases are fairly cut and dry).
There are full details along with command breakdowns under HELP CLASSLEADS and the CLASSLEAD command.
So, what kinds of things can you suggest via classleads?
Essentially, classleads are specifically for combat balance, whether that be addressing things which are perceived as too strong or too weak. Thematic options can sometimes be appropriate, but these are almost always better served going via the ideas system.
With that in mind, given it has been a little while since we've had a classlead round, I will be leaving the submission phase open until 0 GMT on the 15th of January.
A few quick updates for some new additions and fixes!
- TRADEWHO HERALDRY is now a thing.
- IDEAS now works as a synonym for IDEA LIST.
- MOUNTS has been updated so that the feedbag status on uncollared mounts is shown.
- EVENTSTATUS and ES default to the arena you're in if you are in one.- UNALLY PARTY now works to unally all members of your current party.
- MSG LISTR will list your messages in descending order.
- SEAREDGLYPH talisman will now properly lash out every fifth hit instead of every sixth.
On the customisations front: if you have an item that is resetting and you wish to change the resetting location*, this can be done for 10 bound credits. Email email@example.com with all of the details.
* Any new resetting location will still have to respect ownership and may not be applicable for all resetting items. This cannot be used to transfer ownership of artefacts and similar items.
Sapience, be pleased.
Dissatisfied with our usual selection of wares? Through the tireless
efforts of our guard, and at great cost to ourselves, the Ioje Compound
brings you the unexpected. The unparalleled. The entirely out of the
Merchandise most metaphysical. An angel, fallen from the sky and into your hands!
THE EYELESS WONDER
The Compound will hold a decisive auction for the fate of this fine being on the 14th of Mayan, in the year 788 AF.
Covet no more, but be prepared with payment. Attendance is a privilege afforded only to our most appreciative buyers. Have gold in hand, and ensure it is appropriate compensation for the costs incurred.
All sales are final. No refunds if you renege. No outbursts. Interlopers will be dealt with and auctioned at a later date.
A LIVING ANGEL
AUCTIONED FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!
Yili, the Procurer.
Two Archangels sought transcendence, one dying in the process while the other was blasted to the boughs of Yggdrasil. After much skirmishing between Ashtan and Targossas over custody, Iojian slavers captured the angel and took it away to be auctioned.
Few other words could so succinctly describe the place, steeped as it was and is in light and power. Saar-elan. Transcendence.
Silence presided as the procession began, a gathering of those unfettered by the parasitic leeching of flesh. Magisters and Verapim entered beside Exarchs, waiting to bear witness to what most believed a desperate attempt.
The Prime Exarch stepped forward, uttering a single word in cold, clear tones: "Begin."
Agadi and clasped hands, a solemn serenity matched upon their sightless visages as they stepped toward Saar-elan and offered tithe to coax forth its secrets.
In but an instant the Archangel Agadi was unmade, rejected by the transcendental Creation. Caught in the backlash yet protected by their bond, the Archangel found himself cast aside to fall through worlds and planes. His descent was as a falling star, radiant and brilliant before alighting upon the branches of the World Tree, deprived of consciousness yet otherwise visibly unharmed.
A mere day passed before was found, happened upon by Penwize Baker of Ashtan. Those in service to the Chaos Court eyed the fallen angel with delight, relishing the chance to bring Glaaki such a prize. But the Ashtani soon found they had competition.
Skulking quietly along the branches of Veior, a rajamalan of Iojian heritage arrived soon after, declaring the angel a captive of Ioje and announcing his intent to take it home. While the slaver sought the approval of the Ashtani and made arrangements for transport, opposition arrived in the form of Targossas, and discussion soon turned to violence.
Determined to protect the Archangel even at the expense of their lives, those of the Dawnspear turned upon the rajamalan slaver, immediately drawing the ire of the Ashtani. Battle began in earnest.
As chaos erupted within the boughs of Yggdrasil, the slaver called for reinforcements with his dying breath. Scores of Iojian personnel marched into the Tree's branches, and - under the very noses of those fighting to save him - dragged away with their catchpoles. Though the citizens of Targossas harried the Iojians relentlessly, their efforts were not enough, and was brought before Yili, Procurer of the Ioje Compound, and instantly bound in shackles.
We have so many projects on the list of things we want to work on that we're asking you to vote on what the coding team works on in the first quarter of 2019!
Head over to https://forums.achaea.com/discussion/6608/if-else-if-else to read about the three options and cast your vote!
We cannot offer further insight into these projects beyond what is posted, we've not yet begun working on them!
A stack of your ideas have been implemented! Read on to learn what's what!
* Added Weaponmastery specialisation change to COOLDOWNS for those with the appropriate artefacts.
* Certimene will be clearer about the correct syntax for adding additional classes.
* Added Spiritlore INVOKE PROJECTION to COOLDOWNS.
* Wax tablets of petrified wood will now correctly notify their partners when a message is sent.
* QSC now includes a line for the player's current class.
* Updated the Tzantza AB file to include the number of afflictions necessary for an instant kill.
* Journals and manuscripts will now show their bookmark when probed.
* SAMPLES is now sorted alphabetically.
* CUSTOMISATION # COMPLETE should now fail on all incorrect syntax.
* BUY ROOM can now pull wood and stone from the rift.
* SEASON will show what season of the year it is (only upon the Prime Material Plane).
* PROTEGES is now sorted alphabetically.
* TRAIT LIST MAJOR to see a list of only major traits and MINOR to only see minor.
* TRAIT LIST MAJOR/MINOR/ALL will now show the appropriate dragon and elemental lord traits when used while in those forms.
* Scribing a new lease will now show the lease number.* Added ROGUES (adventurers without a city) as a category for door and other permissions.
* Added room name to org logs created by guard deaths.
PK in Achaea is an ongoing and ever evolving thing, in recognition of this we've added some updates to clarify any confusion!
- Simply being an enlisted soldier will continue to not be a valid reason to attack someone for the purposes of gaining a sanction. This is unchanged.
- Once a sanction is in place, ALL enlisted soldiers of the defending city are considered viable targets for the attacking party if and only if the soldier is currently within the city, regardless of whether they have actively engaged in defence yet or not.
- Attacking soldiers outside the city during these times will continue to be unacceptable.
It is our hope that this clarification will reduce or eliminate any grey areas that occur during raids and provide a simpler and more consistent experience for all involved. HELP PK and HELP CITY DESTRUCTION have been updated to reflect this.
- Visit Fronck to buy plain sketches and blueprints.
- Apply the appropriate blueprint to your plain sketch to denote the type of item you are designing.
- Design your sketch.
- Submit your sketch for approval.
- When you receive a letter stating that your design has been approved, follow the instructions therein to claim it.
- FURNISH <designID> [dynamic colour] [passcode] to make the item!
- Phylactery of sixth sense - Mindshell
- Innate morphing armour - Aislin
- Cursed Cottage OOS build - Lyrin
- Gold inkbrush - Tiamat
- Custom dragon description - Voc
- Completed talisman - Zulah
- Permanent translucent mask - Farrah
- Racial language fluency - Tahquil
- Feathered cloak - Antonius
- Any legend deck card - Farrah
- Level 1 talisman piece - Seragorn
- Combination artefact - Qwindor
- Package pet - Ygia
- 200 housing credits - Zulah
- Mayaween themed forging descriptor - Lenn
- Portable stove - Kayeil
- Choice of costume - Tiamat
Thus it was on midsummer's eve, Valnuary of the year 784 AF. From beyond the veil between the Prime Material Plane and Annwyn did the Wild Hunt come, drawn by acts of betrayal against Sidhe law and the allure of a hunt renewed once more upon fresh prey. And, as it had been since the Sidhe were Sidhe, at its head came Oberion, no longer King of the Fairies, but now Lord of the Hunt: the Erlking of Annwyn. Leading the knights of Sidhe and accompanied by his faithful hounds, dozens fell to Oberion's blade, the borders and walls of city or forest alike proving naught in the face of such relentless resolve. And so, as the song of the Hunt compelled the hunters onward, their rampage saw them disappear beyond the veil, racing across planes uncounted as the Erlking sought his fulfillment yet promising a return before midsummer's end. But when the Wild Hunt at last approached by ancient law, the Lord of the Hunt found only disappointment in his adherence to the Bargain. Save for one brave and swiftly dispatched adventurer, the Right of Challenge was unfulfilled. With the one Oberion named betrayer choosing cowering over confrontation, the disgust of the Faerie Lord was evident as he led his Hunt home. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Summary: With the borders between planes stretched thin, the Wild Hunt ranged forth from Annwyn, causing death and destruction across the realms as they put the adventurer population of Sapience to sword, tooth, fang, and hoof with orgiastic equanimity.
Who rides, so late, through night and wind? The Erl-king rides anew.
Who rides, so late, bringing terrible fear? The Erl-king rides anew.
Who flees, so late, clasping poor mundane child? For the Erl-king rides anew.
Who would ride, so late, with terror half wild? For the Erl-king rides anew.
Making it easier to get into Achaea is something we're constantly concerned with. By its nature there is a very steep learning curve, and after some discussion we've decided that there are a couple of ways in which we can mitigate this.First of all, we have reworked the max health and mana formula. Those of you at level 100 or higher will notice no change (you still gain health above level 100 the same as previously). However, you no longer gain hp for levels 81-99: you will now have essentially all of your health and mana by level 80(*). You still gain critical hit bonuses and endurance/willpower as you level through the 81-99 range. Essentially, level 80 players will now have health equivalent of level 99 players previously. Second, you will no longer have to spend lessons to learn Survival. Instead, much like Battlerage, this skill will now level up with you, becoming transcendent at level 80. All lessons in all Survival skills have been refunded. * You do gain a slight amount of health/mana at level 100 (between 50 and 150 depending on how much constitution/intelligence you have). This is a very small amount and just to keep current health/mana values at endgame consistent with previously. Enjoy!
The first mass of glowing, radiant tendrils emerged from the earth surrounding the Flame of Yggdrasil, crawling across the ground in a manner eerily similar to the insidious creepers that had so plagued Achaeans several years prior. Fuelled by the unconquerable potency of the World Tree, the appearance of mysterious seeds drew the attention of adventurers led by Voc Desmijr.
As the sun rose over Ashtan on the 5th of Scarlatan, 772 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire, a young woman, Aalin, rushed through the streets, seeking the help of any with medicinal knowledge. Finding aid in Klendathu, Principal of the Consortium, Aalin returned to Martin's Sorrow to find a sick urchin, his face covered with boils, and a rash that ran the length of his body. A cure was not found, and Ashtani began questioning the various inhabitants of Martin's Sorrow: old Rickward, quiet Autino, and unruly Akarim. Even as they pooled their resources, the symptoms began spreading across all the urchins of the city. It was not long before the first two, Ellio and Dalan, succumbed to their illness. Seeking answers, Jinsun absconded away to the Chaos Court, bringing Cadmus, the Cursed Shaman a diseased urchin girl. The Chaos Lord elated at the sight of the disease, professing his joy and newfound love for the ailment. Lifting the morsel high into the air, he could no longer contain his hunger. With cries of delight, he tore into the tainted flesh, savouring each boil that burst along his tongue and each succulent drop of pus that he sucked from the husk of the orphan. In loud declaration, he announced it was not a sickness, but a poison. Eager for more, he hurried the Ashtani along to find the creator, demanding they be brought before him. Outraged that their fellow citizens would feed a child to a Chaos Lord, and vexed by the lack of progress, those in Martin's Sorrow torn down their own homes, barring entrance into the slums before making their way into the Descent. Decrying the more fortunate of Ashtani society, Akarim loudly proclaimed the poison to be little more than a plot to force the poor and destitute into yet more subservience. Fanning the fires of the angered underclasses, Akarim stood at the forefront of the angry mob as it descended upon the old Montagenet estate in search of Timothy de Vermiis. Tensions reached a breaking point when enforcer and protester met in open conflict, ending with Aalin holding a bloody stump that was her arm, removed by the Ashtani sergeant. Seeing this as proof of the corruption of the rich, Akarim continued to taunt Timothy. Just as all hope of peace seemed lost, another interruption broke through the fray. Amidst the rising chaos sweeping across the Seat of Chaos, the infamous Dowager Montagenet herself arrived at Ashtan's gates, promising a quick resolution to the city's woes. The old nobility's attempts to once more force her way into Ashtani politics brought to naught by Dunn, who rebuked and refused her offer. In growing desperation, Irimon called together all the citizens of Ashtan to meet and discuss the various events that had unfolded. Using her wit and breadth of knowledge, Truax came to the conclusion that Akarim must be Ysven, the member of the Jaguar crime ring that plagued Ashtan so long ago. Needing assurance, several Ashtani broke into Targossas to investigate Rudolpho Montagenet, whom Ysven had impersonated so long ago. Sure of themselves now, Truax, Dunn, and Klendathu cornered Akarim, asking that he reveal his face. In a mad dash, he ran towards the docks, screaming for his crew to ready the ship. This was all in vain, as the ship disembarked and vanished into the Sapphire Sea. Rather than be captured and tortured for information, Akarim declared his loyalty to the Jaguar's and took his own life.
So long within the darkness. But I awoke. In the north? I do not remember ever travelling there before. I was attacked by fools, who dared challenge the might of the greatest Occultist Demiurge! It was I who slew Overlord Agith'maal in the Black Wave, and these insects think they can face me and survive? The ten mightiest champions of Seleucar could not do what I have done.
Blood of Anzari-TarinBy: Ellodin Vivania, sweet Muse of Poetry, Please bless mine song with eloquence of verse. This tale speaks not of Heroes running free, But those instead by lineage accursed, Bequeathed with cumbrous legacies and fates, Dark tragedies played on the greatest stage. O Adchachel, thou ate a heart to sate A lust for power; did that meal assuage Thy hunger as it launched a Tsol'teth plot? For 'twas not thou that bore the burden thus But progeny who caused despair and wrought Death in thy stead through actions treasonous. I sing of tainted blood and fallen stars, Contenders for the throne of Seleucar. The Brangwin rose who could not shed her thorns Matured a stone's throw from the northern gate, With rage like rising water, suff'ring borne Alone, no hope the flooding would abate. O Castomira, victim of a past Thou hadst no way to alter on thy own, 'Ere birth, thy destiny had long been cast. Yet still, the faintest hope thou couldst atone Burned somewhere in thy clever, pensive mind 'Til light was snuffed, and naught remained but hate For Catarin, thine lives fore'er entwined; Great Nicator's blood won, by luck or fate. An actress in a cruel playwright's song, Afraid and pained, but forced to play along. The union of deSangre and Tsol'teth Begot a dissonance of mind and soul; The Man in Grey, a legacy of death, And sundered blood forever unconsoled. O Parni, Castomira's royal claim, Thou looked on Seleucar with sharp disgust, Corruption's bane, the sovereign cleansing flame That burned great House deSangre down to dust. A life of suffering would follow thee; By athanasia, lasting peace denied, An emperor shackled, never to be freed 'Til naught remained but desolate mourning cries. A lonely song of blood and bloodlines' end, Perhaps, at last, his coda hath been penned. The master of the house of Death deposed, Tlalaiad rose to take a throne Divine; With Parni went our last chance to oppose Amalgamation of the Tsol'teth line. When dire Chaos Wars came to a head, And ancient races fought for elder Lords; Strong Qui'anar repelled Slith's fell undead But paid a price: their hearts grew cold as swords. In honour of their bravery, Lord Death Would call His chosen few His Qui'anar; Thoth's plundered essence granted nascent breath The Genesis of Tsol'teth blood, their star. This litany's for those who sought to reign, Freed at last from fate's unyielding chain.
As we enter the second quarter of 2017 (already!), its time for our second classlead round for the year. The classlead process is how we balance classes and add new abilities to skills as appropriate, and is generally the time when you can get your voices heard on issues of combat balance! Submissions will last from now until 00 GMT next Monday (April 10th). HELP CLASSLEADS has all the information!
Thanks to the grand efforts of Jayden, Farrah, Gamoneterik, Ahmet, Siduri, and Iakimen, the foray board belonging to Russell, a rugged ex-adventurer was rescued from the clutches of dread Aran'Kesh, and forays are now available to all Achaeans!
A "foray" is the name given to a difficult task or challenge undertaken by a group of Intrepid adventurers. Each foray takes place in a unique, isolated setting, found among dozens of possible remote areas of the wilderness. The trials you may face are varied, ranging from confusing puzzles that must be solved to overwhelming denizens that must be defeated. One singular theme unites the forays, however, and that is that none can be completed alone. These are no ordinary hunting grounds, and the combined might of an Intrepid group will be required if you hope to succeed and claim their rewards.
Checkout HELP FORAYS for all the details!
We've just loaded a small number of combat balance adjustments. Here are the details:
- VENGEANCE and the effect from the REVELATION'S GUISE talisman will no longer fire off the same death. VENGEANCE will always take priority.
- The NAIRAT rune when sketched on the ground now gives ENTANGLED rather than TRANSFIX.
WEARINESS and CLUMSINESS have been switched in the DEGENERATION instill affliction order.
The RETRIBUTION capstone effect no longer does a flat 15% mana damage. Instead it does mana based on how many of the special shadowmancy afflictions are present on a target PARASITE, MADNESS, RETRIBUTION, and DEPRESSION. For 1 affliction it is 5%, for 2 it is 10, for 3 it is 18, and for all of them it is 25.
- SKULLBASH now shares the DRAGONCRAFT BITE and TEKURA BACKBREAKER per target cooldown.
March sees the release of a new talisman set! There is one talisman themed for each playable race, and a special talisman (the double headed coin) themed for the Aldar which will be awarded to those who successfully complete the entire set!
- A dwarven lodestone
- A shamanistic rattle
- A collapsible catapult
- A blood daubed cloth of whispers
- A demolition sphere
- A piece of horkval chitin
- A flattened frogskin
- A pernicious pair of Dala'myrr claws
- Bottled siren song
- Crystalline panpipes
- An arachnid's eye
- A figurine of the suffering Maya
- A double headed coin (Aldar reward talisman)
We've just loaded up a small batch of bugfixes and ideas for you all. Here are the details:
- If you now specify an earring of Sinope ID to use to travel with (TRAVEL TO <person> WITH <earring>), it will always override the travel to mutual allies bonus granted by the special valentine chocolates.
- Some cases where the game would think you were already granted the BLISSED status but you weren't have been fixed.
- The LITANY ability from Terminus can no longer be forced. (Yes, we're aware of the irony.)
- DRAGONHEAL will no longer drain mana if it fails to work due to the presence of both the WEARINESS and RECKLESSNESS afflictions.
- The ELAD ability in Terminus will no longer cause strange interactions if you use it on someone already following you.
- Serverside curing will no longer try to MOUNT if you are KAI SURGED.
- Retirement credits will now show up on your CREDIT REPORT if you are able to transfer them to that character.
We are moving back towards room hinders blocking flight, as I feel it causes more problems than it solves. Some classes will require changes to facilitate this as it is currently a balancing factor. As of this posting all room hinders except OCCULTISM TENTACLES, GROVES WILDGROWTH, and PHYSIOLOGY TORSO now hinder flight. This is purely a transitional step - those final three classes shall also gain this functionality, but certain changes need to take place first.For all of the other details, READNEWS ANNOUNCE 4717!
Close on the heels of the first batch, here's the list of skills that saw changes during this second round of classleads:
Curses, Domination, Dragoncraft, Elementalism, Groves, Metamorphosis, Puppetry/Vodun, Runelore, Shadowmancy, Spiritlore, and Woodlore!
For more details on these changes, READNEWS ANNOUNCE 4709 and keep your eyes peeled for more!
The recent lotteries have been drawn and our hearty congratulations go out to the following lucky winners!
Seragorn, who won the Sacrificial Kris! Ellaer, who won the vial of infinite health elixir! Lenn, who won the gold-handled inkbrush! And, Kayeil, who won the custom dragon description!
A new year is upon us and the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed amongst you (those of you not suffering from the past weekend's indulgences) might have made some resolutions, things you want to change or achieve during this shiny new year.
Here in Achaea we also want you to embrace this chance, be it for a fresh start, to take up a new challenge, to aim for some lofty goal, or just to help motivate you to push that little bit harder toward something you've always aimed for!
The completion of resolutions will award you with Mementos of Resolve, these can be spent on a range of special items unavailable elsewhere in Achaea!
It would not be Achaean Christmas without a few surprises (sometimes pleasant, sometimes not), and 2016 is no exception. We're very pleased to bring you the final phase of the shrine system, which we very much think shall fall into the former category!
Though you'll be able to read all about it in HELP CRUSADES, Crusading will allow you to band together with your fellow order members and battle upon the battlefield of Nishnatoba.
Strategise to undermine your enemies, stealing the essence of their God so that they may struggle to raise their shrines upon the Prime while you spend the essence on various miracles, even become an Avatar of your God!