With the MAPS themed contest now closed, the submissions have been judged and the winners announced!
Winner: Numira with her Map of Targossas!
Runnerup: Finchy with a Bardic entry about the exasperated map makers of Achaea.
Runnerup: Oceana with a look into the tritonic silver mines.
Merit: Velinae with a star map of Achaea's heavens.
Merit: Syndra with a tale about Ceylon.
Congratulations to all of our winners!
Demigod Coelano rescued a wounded phoenix from Rhea, Daughter of the Void, and carried it to Targossas. Though the Dawnspear was unable to restore the phoenix to her natural cycle, by anointing themselves with the ashes her spirit and song lived on in the Zeal skill, now available to the Priest class!
After many mutterings that one day we'd like to do this... A major priest rework is now live!
The class now plays very differently to previously. Here are the broad strokes:
* HELLSIGHT has become paladin only.
* INQUISITION has undergone fairly major changes - see the abfile for details.
* VISIONS now gives dementia by default and shyness if dementia is already present.
* The skill has been deleted.
* SPIRITUAL MACES have had their stats adjusted. Level three remains unchanged, but unartefacted through to level two are now faster than previously.
* The JUDGE lines have changed.
* CHASTEN no longer consumes equilibrium when following a SMITE or SMASH.* SMASH has had its balance cost changed.
* SPIRITWRACK has been removed for the time being.
* Targeted SEAR now gives sensitivity if the target is already ablaze. It also does some fire damage in this situation.
* The final affliction on CHASTEN BODY has been changed from justice to manaleech.
* Smite damage (limb and health) have undergone major formula changes.
* ANGEL CARE is now a consistent ten second tick.
* The skill has been added.
* Spiritshields now function when the priest isn't in room as they did in the past, though only against denizen-sourced attacks. Player attacks still require the priest to be in the target's location to convey the bonus.
Achaea needs your input before we can begin work on implementing our next game system!
We've just made a new post on the forums about the next big project we're working on, tentatively (and temporarily) named Engagement Tasks, a daily/weekly/bimonthly set of tasks and objectives aimed at broadening your experience with the Achaea game world.
We are actively looking for suggestions!
Not only that, but we also need ideas for the system's name - whoever supplies the best one will win 100 credits!
Bug fixing is an ongoing task in Achaea, so many systems, so many years of development! Checkout the list of fixes we've implemented since the beginning of 2019!
- When used in arenas, Enlighten will no longer shout to the world
- Suremekh'neina talisman pieces now have the proper tradein value
- Unmorphing will now properly drop the blocking defence
- You can no longer attempt to use the power of your bloodsworn if your partner is offline
- The ITCHING affliction will now wait the proper amount of time before delivering its first affliction
- The Living Book of Eschaton shall no longer provide Occultists with karma upon study
- EVADE now respects the Ama-maalier legend card
- PROPAGAGE ARMS WITH LOBELIA will cause thornrend to give vertigo properly, instead of the old loneliness
- Psions can now dismantle an active servitor with ENACT COMPANION DISMANTLE
- The Unnameable Horror legend card will now properly respect telepathic channels (such as party)
- Emulation LIFEBOND, Emulation ROTH, Psionics VANISH, and Shindo MEDITATE will now all show on COOLDOWNS
- Deaths to bleeding delivered by a player should no longer be attributed to a random mob or item
- Pisonics MANIPULATE now has a third-person message
- SYVIS relapses should now properly inform the giver when it fires, instead of the receiver
- CM LIST now requires equilibrium to use
- When trading for SHIP CARGO, using the incorrect syntax should no longer purchase random cargo
- Offering to MENTOR a player will no longer incorrectly display on the potential protege's SCORE
- The PAZUZU legend card will no longer prevent entry into Shop of Wonders tents
- EAVESDROP now properly respects both deafness and the mindseye defence
- The EAT command will now prioritise cures, when you have multiple items of the same name
- Hunting blinds will no longer act as if players are in the sky while upon the ground
- Telepathy ISOLATION is now properly masked from gmcp
- The rank 4 WATCH ability in Seafaring now functions properly
- DRAGONROAR now respects the silence of Breathstealer
- NDS PROBE now shows the capacity of containers
- DISASSEMBLE should now work properly for transcendent furnishers
- Furnishing items will now show who is seated on them when PROBEd
- MANIFEST TSUNAMI will no longer work while in the skies or trees
- Random commands will no longer be added to balance queues while speedwalking
- Spiritlore TOTEMs will now hit players in an entourage
- Spiritlore SMUDGE now has a balance cost
- ANGEL AURA is no longer considered aggressive when used on yourself
- LISTEN no longer fails if you have the DEAFNESS defence
- SHAKE TREE HERE will attempt to use the typical SHAKE emote on a tree in your location, instead of the SHAKING ability
- Grandmaster Blacksmiths no longer have to use descriptors in their armour for a chance at bonus statistics
- Weather now properly respects the shining feather artefact
- The apperception stone and FALCON GLANCE no longer erroneously trigger skywatch/groundwatch
- The MATERIALS command now allows Furnishers to list all potential samples
- Gold gained past the cap while in lesserform will now properly add to a players RANKINGS ENDOWERS
- Reincarnation will no longer permanently change a player's base dragon colour
- The MARAN legend card now applies to damage from denizens
- Players will no longer benefit from the MARAN legend card if their attacker stands in its effects
- Players can no longer mark public designs as private
- Weapons moved via SHIP REQUISITION will no longer reset to their previous room
- Shadowmancy STEP will no longer work into or out of beds
- The MUDBOMBBINDING talisman piece will now display on TALISMAN PIECES properly
- The ADS FOR syntax now works properly
- SHOWEMOTE DOFF will no longer use random mob names
- The contender's journal talisman should no longer have blank pages
- Designs that are made public will no longer retain their private status
- A few shady roulette dealers have been admonished, and will properly reward you for outside bets
- The TRADESKILLS command now lists your tradeskills
- Festive Logosmas decorations are no longer permanent
- Emulation IMPOSITION will no longer fail silently
- Ship owners will be warned three days before their ships are drydocked
- OUTFITs can no longer be used to wear items you couldn't wear otherwise
The team has also been hard at work fixing various typos across the NDS listings, in the HELP files, and in various ability messages.
We're using the Death set to conduct a grand talisman experiment!
We've long been unhappy by the spread of talisman items in the game, the frustrations the cache system causes, and the problems created by scarcity and rarity. We're going to try something a bit different!
We do take the alteration of any system that involves your money very seriously, we always strive to ensure satisfaction by as much of the playerbase as possible, and we always aim to promote game health wherever we can.
In a new shop in Delos, the Death talisman set is on sale for bound credits.
Each is a complete item and will be bound to you on purchase.
If you purchase one and later regret it, these can be traded in like normal for the usual 2/3rds adjustment of the purchase amount.
But this is not the only change! We know that many people already have one or more pieces from the Death set, and we don't want to render these worthless.
If you have two or three pieces of a talisman in the Death set, you can:
TALISMAN COMPLETE PARTIAL <talismanname>
to complete it for the remainder of the bound credit value of the item as it is in the Delosian Talisman shop.
DOING THIS WILL COMPLETE THE TALISMAN AND BIND IT TO YOU.
Talismans completed in this manner will have an altered tradein that reflects their credit worth, including the credit-purchased completion.
E.G You have: cruciblebase and cruciblebowl.
You use TALISMAN COMPLETE PARTIAL CRUCIBLE and pay 500 bound credits.
This is half the cost of the crucible in the shop because you already have half of the pieces.
You get: a completed soulfire crucible talisman.
This item has a tradein value of: 346 bound credits. This is 2/3rds of 520 credits (the 500 credits paid above, plus your 2 pieces valued at 10 credits each.)
You are also still free to trade these talisman pieces around, so if you only have one piece of a Death talisman, you can ask around to try and get two in order to be able to complete your partial collection.
HELP DEATH TALISMANS now exists with all this information, and the specifics of the set.
All of the above ONLY applies to the DEATH talisman set at this time.
Provided that this experiment works out the way that we hope, we'll be looking to make the Delosian Talisman Shop's stock rotate to offer a different talisman set each (RL) month!
If you have any questions about any of this, please don't hesitate to ask via ISSUE ME or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!
With the first quarter classleads decisions made, classlead implementation has begun! Read on for the first batch of updates and changes! For the Furnishers, Tailors, Chefs, and Jewellers of Achaea we've also added an urgent queue to design submissions.
* MORPHING ARMOUR has had its cooldowns significantly reduced. One hour for level one, twenty minutes for level two, ten minutes for level three.
* BUFFET now relapses against the same target that it previously hit for additional damage after 2 seconds.
* EFFERVESCENCE now gives a room wide message when it ends. This shows at all elevations.
* COWARDICE will no longer cancel tumble on hindered opponents. Note that the old functionality can still be achieved with comboed screech: I feel the opportunity cost of this is high enough that it is fine to retain.
* HOMUNCULI now explode upon both the activation of MAYOLOGY and the periodic ticks of damage that occur.
* MANIPULATE is now blocked by the CONFUSION affliction.
* WAVESCYTHE has had its range significantly increased.
* The SHIELD seaspell now scales up in cost by 200 for each use in the last minute. Note that each use resets the minute timer and this caps at an additional 800 cost (on top of the base value).
* AELKISH has had its reduction of willpower cost on the bleed curse increased when attuned.
* Reduced how much power an angel must be on to be summoned from 15 to 5% of its maximum.
* VOIDFIST no longer clears upon being impaled.
* VOIDFIST has had its duration brought in line with other elemental fist attacks.
* VOIDFIST now causes strikes to deal some mana damage on successfully landing: this replaces the old functionality.
* Shin generation is halved when striking a VOIDFISTED opponent.
* You may now summon your snake while off balance, though this incurs a longer equilibrium cost.
* The COLOURS ability is now learned much earlier in the skill.
* The equilibrium cost of DEATHSIGHT has been removed. It still requires you be on equilibrium to activate, however.
* (Dual Blunt): ASSAULT TORSO now has a faster balance than ASSAULT HEAD.
* (Sword and Board): the damage against denizens has been increased.
* You can now THROW items with SELFISHNESS active.
* UNWEAVE now does damage.
Crafting Submissions - Urgent!
Marking a submission as urgent can be done by appending it to the original syntax:
DESIGN <sketch> SUBMIT [URGENT]
This causes the submission to cost 10,000 gold instead of the typical 1000, and immediately places the new submission into the urgent queue where it will take high priority for approvals.
We've just put a big stack of auctions live in Achaea, plenty for those with gold or credits on hand, and some great customisation options!
Use the AUCTION syntax in game to see all related commands and read HELP AUCTIONS for details.
If you have any questions about a specific auction that AUCTION INFO <#> doesn't answer, please ISSUE ME!
1 - Icy Igloo
Work with the Customisations team to pick out a chilly location for your Out of Subdivision home! Then, choose whether you want them to surprise you with a 5 room build in the ice castle, igloo, or grotto theme, or to have the room credits to design as you wish.
2 - Custom Dragon Description
Work with the Garden design team to create your own unique dragon description. This description will then be applied to your character whenever you are in dragon form. DISCLAIMER: While there is plenty of room for creativity, the description must remain explicitly draconic.
3 - A Personal Bar
This piece of custom furniture refills with a 5 drink selection that the Customisations team will work with you to create.
Final design and drinks will have to be suitable for Achaea's roleplaying environment.
4 - Enhanced Shop Cart
This expanded and nondecay shop cart will let the winner stock 50 items and move it around.
5 - Breathstealer Ring
This ring holds the power to bring down a room-wide silence effect for 20 seconds. This is instant and not subject to being dampened or dispelled.
It does require balance and equilibrium to use, will consume balance, and will incur a five minute cooldown before it can be called on again.
6 - Innate Morphing Armour
This armour set is the equivalent of three-slotted armour with innate morphing capabilities that do not require use of one of the three slots.
7 - Racial Language Fluency
Win this auction and be fully fluent in one of the racial languages (this does not include dragon, Vertani, or Tsol'dasi).
8 - Completed Talisman
The winner of this auction may choose a fully completed talisman from any promotional set.
9 - Orb of Sllshya's Wrath
THROW ORB to summon a magical snowstorm in the room. Grants all of the same benefits as the Groves ability SNOWSTORM.
10 - Arrow of Ethian
Unlimited meteor arrows!
11 - Gavel of Etheric Revelation
POUND GROUND to reveal phased serpents!
12 - Vastarian Flute
PLAY FLUTE and you will cause a GUST to occur in the location, banishing fumes and smoke.
13 - House Ambience
Work with the Customisations team to create 5 Achaea-appropriate ambient messages to fire in various rooms in your home.
14 - Free Arena Entry Token
With this token in hand, arena fees will be nonexistent for one of your combative stature!
15 - Resonating Collar
Order your pet to shout! (This does have a regional limitation.)
16 - Any Legend Deck Card
Choose any of the cards from all legend deck suits - see HELP LEGENDDECK for specifics on each!
17 - Level 1 Talisman Piece
The winner may choose any level 1 piece from any of the promotional talisman sets.
18 - Combination Artefact
Choose from a survivalist's bandana, a cabalist's cowl, a sorcerous bangle, a gladiator's medal, a polished silver stamp, an intricate silver leaf cage, or an onyx ouroboros statuette! See HELP PROMO ITEMS to find out what these do.
DISCLAIMER: These powers/items cannot be traded in, but can be upgraded!
19 - Package Pet
This auction affords the winner their very own package pet! Including the full suite of features (outlined in HELP PETS), submit your own design specification or let the Garden designers surprise you!
20 - 200 Housing Credits
The winner of this auction will receive 200 housing credits to build or expand their own home!
21 - Minipet
The winner of this auction may choose any minipet from any of the available COLLECTIONS!
22 - 3 Muse Pages or Bloodstained Shards
Choose three pages for the Tome of the Muses, or three bloodstained shards of enamel for your locket - see HELP PROMO ITEMS for details!
23 - Ranger's Bow and Shooting
This is a level 1 artefact bow that includes the SHOOTING addon!
24 - New Delos Shop
Become the proprietor of your very own shop within the Isle of Delos! Situated SE off Western Epitus Avenue, your shelves are fresh and your clean stockroom awaits!
25 - Crystalline Door Chime
Set this outside your subdivision house, and when visitors pull it, your house will fill with chiming sounds to alert you that someone is at the door!
Remember, there is no day 0 on the auction countdown, so get your bids in before Day 1 ends.
Deckhands in Achaea can now BRIBE the dockside workers to get another player thrown off a ship! It'll be a lot harder to hide now.
Many people have purchased ships for storage, whether that be for mechanical reasons (cures and such) or for thematic ones (such as libraries). This is a big reason why ship invasion has always been a very problematic mechanic, and one we don't intend to implement. The other reason is that the amount of damage a player can do if they gain access to a ship is extreme, and the recourse of the ship owner is fairly limited in such a scenario.
With that in mind. Given the nature of Achaea it's very important to us that all avenues of conflict have satisfactory avenues for resolution. The current entirely safe nature of docked ships has been a long standing issue, but given that we are unwilling to implement ship invasion, this was always a tough problem to solve.
We have decided that a middle ground is the best way to move forward. Rather than players being able to invade ships, we have just added a new ability to Seafaring: BRIBE. This is a rank five Deckhand ability and permits you to bribe dockworkers at a harbour to pull a target off of a ship, with some caveats:
- This is expensive, and significantly more so if trying to bribe dockworkers at the home city of your target. It is not something you will be able to do continuously, even as a rich player.
- The target is not pulled to your room: they'll be dropped off in a random location within a radius of the harbour. This is to avoid the ability to camp at the disembark room upon a bribe and force someone into a no-win scenario.
- The target ship must remain at harbour for the bribe to succeed. If they are undocked when the windup ends, it will fail, given in this situation they are exposing themselves to other avenues of attack.
- Ships with high crew morale will also be much more expensive to bribe. The inverse of this is also true.
This is experimental and we'll be closely monitoring it going forward. We are optimistic that this compromise will solve most of the issues while allowing ship owners peace of mind that they can safely use their ships without having people break in.
Now's your chance to submit those problems and requests you have with the various abilities in Achaea. Whether they're submissions for change, balancing, or removal, Classleads are your what you need!
The classlead process is how we balance classes and add new abilities to skills as appropriate, and is generally the time when you can get your voices heard on issues of combat balance.
For those of you unfamiliar with the classlead process (or who would just like a refresher), here are the basics:
Classleads are anonymous.
- Each person can submit up to five classlead reports. Please do not utilise alternative characters to bypass this limit.
- Your reports should supply reasoning alongside the perceived problem: if something is too strong/weak, you should always state why. It's best to avoid drawing comparisons to other classes, although sometimes this is appropriate. Use your best judgement!
- You should attempt to supply multiple solutions (where applicable - some cases are fairly cut and dry).
There are full details along with command breakdowns under HELP CLASSLEADS and the CLASSLEAD command.
So, what kinds of things can you suggest via classleads?
Essentially, classleads are specifically for combat balance, whether that be addressing things which are perceived as too strong or too weak. Thematic options can sometimes be appropriate, but these are almost always better served going via the ideas system.
With that in mind, given it has been a little while since we've had a classlead round, I will be leaving the submission phase open until 0 GMT on the 15th of January.
A few quick updates for some new additions and fixes!
- TRADEWHO HERALDRY is now a thing.
- IDEAS now works as a synonym for IDEA LIST.
- MOUNTS has been updated so that the feedbag status on uncollared mounts is shown.
- EVENTSTATUS and ES default to the arena you're in if you are in one.- UNALLY PARTY now works to unally all members of your current party.
- MSG LISTR will list your messages in descending order.
- SEAREDGLYPH talisman will now properly lash out every fifth hit instead of every sixth.
On the customisations front: if you have an item that is resetting and you wish to change the resetting location*, this can be done for 10 bound credits. Email email@example.com with all of the details.
* Any new resetting location will still have to respect ownership and may not be applicable for all resetting items. This cannot be used to transfer ownership of artefacts and similar items.
Sapience, be pleased.
Dissatisfied with our usual selection of wares? Through the tireless
efforts of our guard, and at great cost to ourselves, the Ioje Compound
brings you the unexpected. The unparalleled. The entirely out of the
Merchandise most metaphysical. An angel, fallen from the sky and into your hands!
THE EYELESS WONDER
The Compound will hold a decisive auction for the fate of this fine being on the 14th of Mayan, in the year 788 AF.
Covet no more, but be prepared with payment. Attendance is a privilege afforded only to our most appreciative buyers. Have gold in hand, and ensure it is appropriate compensation for the costs incurred.
All sales are final. No refunds if you renege. No outbursts. Interlopers will be dealt with and auctioned at a later date.
A LIVING ANGEL
AUCTIONED FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!
Yili, the Procurer.
Two Archangels sought transcendence, one dying in the process while the other was blasted to the boughs of Yggdrasil. After much skirmishing between Ashtan and Targossas over custody, Iojian slavers captured the angel and took it away to be auctioned.
Few other words could so succinctly describe the place, steeped as it was and is in light and power. Saar-elan. Transcendence.
Silence presided as the procession began, a gathering of those unfettered by the parasitic leeching of flesh. Magisters and Verapim entered beside Exarchs, waiting to bear witness to what most believed a desperate attempt.
The Prime Exarch stepped forward, uttering a single word in cold, clear tones: "Begin."
Agadi and clasped hands, a solemn serenity matched upon their sightless visages as they stepped toward Saar-elan and offered tithe to coax forth its secrets.
In but an instant the Archangel Agadi was unmade, rejected by the transcendental Creation. Caught in the backlash yet protected by their bond, the Archangel found himself cast aside to fall through worlds and planes. His descent was as a falling star, radiant and brilliant before alighting upon the branches of the World Tree, deprived of consciousness yet otherwise visibly unharmed.
A mere day passed before was found, happened upon by Penwize Baker of Ashtan. Those in service to the Chaos Court eyed the fallen angel with delight, relishing the chance to bring Glaaki such a prize. But the Ashtani soon found they had competition.
Skulking quietly along the branches of Veior, a rajamalan of Iojian heritage arrived soon after, declaring the angel a captive of Ioje and announcing his intent to take it home. While the slaver sought the approval of the Ashtani and made arrangements for transport, opposition arrived in the form of Targossas, and discussion soon turned to violence.
Determined to protect the Archangel even at the expense of their lives, those of the Dawnspear turned upon the rajamalan slaver, immediately drawing the ire of the Ashtani. Battle began in earnest.
As chaos erupted within the boughs of Yggdrasil, the slaver called for reinforcements with his dying breath. Scores of Iojian personnel marched into the Tree's branches, and - under the very noses of those fighting to save him - dragged away with their catchpoles. Though the citizens of Targossas harried the Iojians relentlessly, their efforts were not enough, and was brought before Yili, Procurer of the Ioje Compound, and instantly bound in shackles.
We have so many projects on the list of things we want to work on that we're asking you to vote on what the coding team works on in the first quarter of 2019!
Head over to https://forums.achaea.com/discussion/6608/if-else-if-else to read about the three options and cast your vote!
We cannot offer further insight into these projects beyond what is posted, we've not yet begun working on them!
A stack of your ideas have been implemented! Read on to learn what's what!
* Added Weaponmastery specialisation change to COOLDOWNS for those with the appropriate artefacts.
* Certimene will be clearer about the correct syntax for adding additional classes.
* Added Spiritlore INVOKE PROJECTION to COOLDOWNS.
* Wax tablets of petrified wood will now correctly notify their partners when a message is sent.
* QSC now includes a line for the player's current class.
* Updated the Tzantza AB file to include the number of afflictions necessary for an instant kill.
* Journals and manuscripts will now show their bookmark when probed.
* SAMPLES is now sorted alphabetically.
* CUSTOMISATION # COMPLETE should now fail on all incorrect syntax.
* BUY ROOM can now pull wood and stone from the rift.
* SEASON will show what season of the year it is (only upon the Prime Material Plane).
* PROTEGES is now sorted alphabetically.
* TRAIT LIST MAJOR to see a list of only major traits and MINOR to only see minor.
* TRAIT LIST MAJOR/MINOR/ALL will now show the appropriate dragon and elemental lord traits when used while in those forms.
* Scribing a new lease will now show the lease number.* Added ROGUES (adventurers without a city) as a category for door and other permissions.
* Added room name to org logs created by guard deaths.
PK in Achaea is an ongoing and ever evolving thing, in recognition of this we've added some updates to clarify any confusion!
- Simply being an enlisted soldier will continue to not be a valid reason to attack someone for the purposes of gaining a sanction. This is unchanged.
- Once a sanction is in place, ALL enlisted soldiers of the defending city are considered viable targets for the attacking party if and only if the soldier is currently within the city, regardless of whether they have actively engaged in defence yet or not.
- Attacking soldiers outside the city during these times will continue to be unacceptable.
It is our hope that this clarification will reduce or eliminate any grey areas that occur during raids and provide a simpler and more consistent experience for all involved. HELP PK and HELP CITY DESTRUCTION have been updated to reflect this.
- Visit Fronck to buy plain sketches and blueprints.
- Apply the appropriate blueprint to your plain sketch to denote the type of item you are designing.
- Design your sketch.
- Submit your sketch for approval.
- When you receive a letter stating that your design has been approved, follow the instructions therein to claim it.
- FURNISH <designID> [dynamic colour] [passcode] to make the item!
- Phylactery of sixth sense - Mindshell
- Innate morphing armour - Aislin
- Cursed Cottage OOS build - Lyrin
- Gold inkbrush - Tiamat
- Custom dragon description - Voc
- Completed talisman - Zulah
- Permanent translucent mask - Farrah
- Racial language fluency - Tahquil
- Feathered cloak - Antonius
- Any legend deck card - Farrah
- Level 1 talisman piece - Seragorn
- Combination artefact - Qwindor
- Package pet - Ygia
- 200 housing credits - Zulah
- Mayaween themed forging descriptor - Lenn
- Portable stove - Kayeil
- Choice of costume - Tiamat
Thus it was on midsummer's eve, Valnuary of the year 784 AF. From beyond the veil between the Prime Material Plane and Annwyn did the Wild Hunt come, drawn by acts of betrayal against Sidhe law and the allure of a hunt renewed once more upon fresh prey. And, as it had been since the Sidhe were Sidhe, at its head came Oberion, no longer King of the Fairies, but now Lord of the Hunt: the Erlking of Annwyn. Leading the knights of Sidhe and accompanied by his faithful hounds, dozens fell to Oberion's blade, the borders and walls of city or forest alike proving naught in the face of such relentless resolve. And so, as the song of the Hunt compelled the hunters onward, their rampage saw them disappear beyond the veil, racing across planes uncounted as the Erlking sought his fulfillment yet promising a return before midsummer's end. But when the Wild Hunt at last approached by ancient law, the Lord of the Hunt found only disappointment in his adherence to the Bargain. Save for one brave and swiftly dispatched adventurer, the Right of Challenge was unfulfilled. With the one Oberion named betrayer choosing cowering over confrontation, the disgust of the Faerie Lord was evident as he led his Hunt home. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Summary: With the borders between planes stretched thin, the Wild Hunt ranged forth from Annwyn, causing death and destruction across the realms as they put the adventurer population of Sapience to sword, tooth, fang, and hoof with orgiastic equanimity.
Who rides, so late, through night and wind? The Erl-king rides anew.
Who rides, so late, bringing terrible fear? The Erl-king rides anew.
Who flees, so late, clasping poor mundane child? For the Erl-king rides anew.
Who would ride, so late, with terror half wild? For the Erl-king rides anew.
Making it easier to get into Achaea is something we're constantly concerned with. By its nature there is a very steep learning curve, and after some discussion we've decided that there are a couple of ways in which we can mitigate this.First of all, we have reworked the max health and mana formula. Those of you at level 100 or higher will notice no change (you still gain health above level 100 the same as previously). However, you no longer gain hp for levels 81-99: you will now have essentially all of your health and mana by level 80(*). You still gain critical hit bonuses and endurance/willpower as you level through the 81-99 range. Essentially, level 80 players will now have health equivalent of level 99 players previously. Second, you will no longer have to spend lessons to learn Survival. Instead, much like Battlerage, this skill will now level up with you, becoming transcendent at level 80. All lessons in all Survival skills have been refunded. * You do gain a slight amount of health/mana at level 100 (between 50 and 150 depending on how much constitution/intelligence you have). This is a very small amount and just to keep current health/mana values at endgame consistent with previously. Enjoy!
The first mass of glowing, radiant tendrils emerged from the earth surrounding the Flame of Yggdrasil, crawling across the ground in a manner eerily similar to the insidious creepers that had so plagued Achaeans several years prior. Fuelled by the unconquerable potency of the World Tree, the appearance of mysterious seeds drew the attention of adventurers led by Voc Desmijr.
As the sun rose over Ashtan on the 5th of Scarlatan, 772 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire, a young woman, Aalin, rushed through the streets, seeking the help of any with medicinal knowledge. Finding aid in Klendathu, Principal of the Consortium, Aalin returned to Martin's Sorrow to find a sick urchin, his face covered with boils, and a rash that ran the length of his body. A cure was not found, and Ashtani began questioning the various inhabitants of Martin's Sorrow: old Rickward, quiet Autino, and unruly Akarim. Even as they pooled their resources, the symptoms began spreading across all the urchins of the city. It was not long before the first two, Ellio and Dalan, succumbed to their illness. Seeking answers, Jinsun absconded away to the Chaos Court, bringing Cadmus, the Cursed Shaman a diseased urchin girl. The Chaos Lord elated at the sight of the disease, professing his joy and newfound love for the ailment. Lifting the morsel high into the air, he could no longer contain his hunger. With cries of delight, he tore into the tainted flesh, savouring each boil that burst along his tongue and each succulent drop of pus that he sucked from the husk of the orphan. In loud declaration, he announced it was not a sickness, but a poison. Eager for more, he hurried the Ashtani along to find the creator, demanding they be brought before him. Outraged that their fellow citizens would feed a child to a Chaos Lord, and vexed by the lack of progress, those in Martin's Sorrow torn down their own homes, barring entrance into the slums before making their way into the Descent. Decrying the more fortunate of Ashtani society, Akarim loudly proclaimed the poison to be little more than a plot to force the poor and destitute into yet more subservience. Fanning the fires of the angered underclasses, Akarim stood at the forefront of the angry mob as it descended upon the old Montagenet estate in search of Timothy de Vermiis. Tensions reached a breaking point when enforcer and protester met in open conflict, ending with Aalin holding a bloody stump that was her arm, removed by the Ashtani sergeant. Seeing this as proof of the corruption of the rich, Akarim continued to taunt Timothy. Just as all hope of peace seemed lost, another interruption broke through the fray. Amidst the rising chaos sweeping across the Seat of Chaos, the infamous Dowager Montagenet herself arrived at Ashtan's gates, promising a quick resolution to the city's woes. The old nobility's attempts to once more force her way into Ashtani politics brought to naught by Dunn, who rebuked and refused her offer. In growing desperation, Irimon called together all the citizens of Ashtan to meet and discuss the various events that had unfolded. Using her wit and breadth of knowledge, Truax came to the conclusion that Akarim must be Ysven, the member of the Jaguar crime ring that plagued Ashtan so long ago. Needing assurance, several Ashtani broke into Targossas to investigate Rudolpho Montagenet, whom Ysven had impersonated so long ago. Sure of themselves now, Truax, Dunn, and Klendathu cornered Akarim, asking that he reveal his face. In a mad dash, he ran towards the docks, screaming for his crew to ready the ship. This was all in vain, as the ship disembarked and vanished into the Sapphire Sea. Rather than be captured and tortured for information, Akarim declared his loyalty to the Jaguar's and took his own life.
So long within the darkness. But I awoke. In the north? I do not remember ever travelling there before. I was attacked by fools, who dared challenge the might of the greatest Occultist Demiurge! It was I who slew Overlord Agith'maal in the Black Wave, and these insects think they can face me and survive? The ten mightiest champions of Seleucar could not do what I have done.
Blood of Anzari-TarinBy: Ellodin Vivania, sweet Muse of Poetry, Please bless mine song with eloquence of verse. This tale speaks not of Heroes running free, But those instead by lineage accursed, Bequeathed with cumbrous legacies and fates, Dark tragedies played on the greatest stage. O Adchachel, thou ate a heart to sate A lust for power; did that meal assuage Thy hunger as it launched a Tsol'teth plot? For 'twas not thou that bore the burden thus But progeny who caused despair and wrought Death in thy stead through actions treasonous. I sing of tainted blood and fallen stars, Contenders for the throne of Seleucar. The Brangwin rose who could not shed her thorns Matured a stone's throw from the northern gate, With rage like rising water, suff'ring borne Alone, no hope the flooding would abate. O Castomira, victim of a past Thou hadst no way to alter on thy own, 'Ere birth, thy destiny had long been cast. Yet still, the faintest hope thou couldst atone Burned somewhere in thy clever, pensive mind 'Til light was snuffed, and naught remained but hate For Catarin, thine lives fore'er entwined; Great Nicator's blood won, by luck or fate. An actress in a cruel playwright's song, Afraid and pained, but forced to play along. The union of deSangre and Tsol'teth Begot a dissonance of mind and soul; The Man in Grey, a legacy of death, And sundered blood forever unconsoled. O Parni, Castomira's royal claim, Thou looked on Seleucar with sharp disgust, Corruption's bane, the sovereign cleansing flame That burned great House deSangre down to dust. A life of suffering would follow thee; By athanasia, lasting peace denied, An emperor shackled, never to be freed 'Til naught remained but desolate mourning cries. A lonely song of blood and bloodlines' end, Perhaps, at last, his coda hath been penned. The master of the house of Death deposed, Tlalaiad rose to take a throne Divine; With Parni went our last chance to oppose Amalgamation of the Tsol'teth line. When dire Chaos Wars came to a head, And ancient races fought for elder Lords; Strong Qui'anar repelled Slith's fell undead But paid a price: their hearts grew cold as swords. In honour of their bravery, Lord Death Would call His chosen few His Qui'anar; Thoth's plundered essence granted nascent breath The Genesis of Tsol'teth blood, their star. This litany's for those who sought to reign, Freed at last from fate's unyielding chain.
As we enter the second quarter of 2017 (already!), its time for our second classlead round for the year. The classlead process is how we balance classes and add new abilities to skills as appropriate, and is generally the time when you can get your voices heard on issues of combat balance! Submissions will last from now until 00 GMT next Monday (April 10th). HELP CLASSLEADS has all the information!
Thanks to the grand efforts of Jayden, Farrah, Gamoneterik, Ahmet, Siduri, and Iakimen, the foray board belonging to Russell, a rugged ex-adventurer was rescued from the clutches of dread Aran'Kesh, and forays are now available to all Achaeans!
A "foray" is the name given to a difficult task or challenge undertaken by a group of Intrepid adventurers. Each foray takes place in a unique, isolated setting, found among dozens of possible remote areas of the wilderness. The trials you may face are varied, ranging from confusing puzzles that must be solved to overwhelming denizens that must be defeated. One singular theme unites the forays, however, and that is that none can be completed alone. These are no ordinary hunting grounds, and the combined might of an Intrepid group will be required if you hope to succeed and claim their rewards.
Checkout HELP FORAYS for all the details!
We've just loaded a small number of combat balance adjustments. Here are the details:
- VENGEANCE and the effect from the REVELATION'S GUISE talisman will no longer fire off the same death. VENGEANCE will always take priority.
- The NAIRAT rune when sketched on the ground now gives ENTANGLED rather than TRANSFIX.
WEARINESS and CLUMSINESS have been switched in the DEGENERATION instill affliction order.
The RETRIBUTION capstone effect no longer does a flat 15% mana damage. Instead it does mana based on how many of the special shadowmancy afflictions are present on a target PARASITE, MADNESS, RETRIBUTION, and DEPRESSION. For 1 affliction it is 5%, for 2 it is 10, for 3 it is 18, and for all of them it is 25.
- SKULLBASH now shares the DRAGONCRAFT BITE and TEKURA BACKBREAKER per target cooldown.
March sees the release of a new talisman set! There is one talisman themed for each playable race, and a special talisman (the double headed coin) themed for the Aldar which will be awarded to those who successfully complete the entire set!
- A dwarven lodestone
- A shamanistic rattle
- A collapsible catapult
- A blood daubed cloth of whispers
- A demolition sphere
- A piece of horkval chitin
- A flattened frogskin
- A pernicious pair of Dala'myrr claws
- Bottled siren song
- Crystalline panpipes
- An arachnid's eye
- A figurine of the suffering Maya
- A double headed coin (Aldar reward talisman)
We've just loaded up a small batch of bugfixes and ideas for you all. Here are the details:
- If you now specify an earring of Sinope ID to use to travel with (TRAVEL TO <person> WITH <earring>), it will always override the travel to mutual allies bonus granted by the special valentine chocolates.
- Some cases where the game would think you were already granted the BLISSED status but you weren't have been fixed.
- The LITANY ability from Terminus can no longer be forced. (Yes, we're aware of the irony.)
- DRAGONHEAL will no longer drain mana if it fails to work due to the presence of both the WEARINESS and RECKLESSNESS afflictions.
- The ELAD ability in Terminus will no longer cause strange interactions if you use it on someone already following you.
- Serverside curing will no longer try to MOUNT if you are KAI SURGED.
- Retirement credits will now show up on your CREDIT REPORT if you are able to transfer them to that character.
We are moving back towards room hinders blocking flight, as I feel it causes more problems than it solves. Some classes will require changes to facilitate this as it is currently a balancing factor. As of this posting all room hinders except OCCULTISM TENTACLES, GROVES WILDGROWTH, and PHYSIOLOGY TORSO now hinder flight. This is purely a transitional step - those final three classes shall also gain this functionality, but certain changes need to take place first.For all of the other details, READNEWS ANNOUNCE 4717!
Close on the heels of the first batch, here's the list of skills that saw changes during this second round of classleads:
Curses, Domination, Dragoncraft, Elementalism, Groves, Metamorphosis, Puppetry/Vodun, Runelore, Shadowmancy, Spiritlore, and Woodlore!
For more details on these changes, READNEWS ANNOUNCE 4709 and keep your eyes peeled for more!
The recent lotteries have been drawn and our hearty congratulations go out to the following lucky winners!
Seragorn, who won the Sacrificial Kris! Ellaer, who won the vial of infinite health elixir! Lenn, who won the gold-handled inkbrush! And, Kayeil, who won the custom dragon description!
A new year is upon us and the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed amongst you (those of you not suffering from the past weekend's indulgences) might have made some resolutions, things you want to change or achieve during this shiny new year.
Here in Achaea we also want you to embrace this chance, be it for a fresh start, to take up a new challenge, to aim for some lofty goal, or just to help motivate you to push that little bit harder toward something you've always aimed for!
The completion of resolutions will award you with Mementos of Resolve, these can be spent on a range of special items unavailable elsewhere in Achaea!
It would not be Achaean Christmas without a few surprises (sometimes pleasant, sometimes not), and 2016 is no exception. We're very pleased to bring you the final phase of the shrine system, which we very much think shall fall into the former category!
Though you'll be able to read all about it in HELP CRUSADES, Crusading will allow you to band together with your fellow order members and battle upon the battlefield of Nishnatoba.
Strategise to undermine your enemies, stealing the essence of their God so that they may struggle to raise their shrines upon the Prime while you spend the essence on various miracles, even become an Avatar of your God!