As we enter the second quarter of 2017 (already!), its time for our second classlead round for the year. The classlead process is how we balance classes and add new abilities to skills as appropriate, and is generally the time when you can get your voices heard on issues of combat balance! Submissions will last from now until 00 GMT next Monday (April 10th). HELP CLASSLEADS has all the information!
Thanks to the grand efforts of Jayden, Farrah, Gamoneterik, Ahmet, Siduri, and Iakimen, the foray board belonging to Russell, a rugged ex-adventurer was rescued from the clutches of dread Aran'Kesh, and forays are now available to all Achaeans!
A "foray" is the name given to a difficult task or challenge undertaken by a group of Intrepid adventurers. Each foray takes place in a unique, isolated setting, found among dozens of possible remote areas of the wilderness. The trials you may face are varied, ranging from confusing puzzles that must be solved to overwhelming denizens that must be defeated. One singular theme unites the forays, however, and that is that none can be completed alone. These are no ordinary hunting grounds, and the combined might of an Intrepid group will be required if you hope to succeed and claim their rewards.
Checkout HELP FORAYS for all the details!
We've just loaded a small number of combat balance adjustments. Here are the details:
- VENGEANCE and the effect from the REVELATION'S GUISE talisman will no longer fire off the same death. VENGEANCE will always take priority.
- The NAIRAT rune when sketched on the ground now gives ENTANGLED rather than TRANSFIX.
WEARINESS and CLUMSINESS have been switched in the DEGENERATION instill affliction order.
The RETRIBUTION capstone effect no longer does a flat 15% mana damage. Instead it does mana based on how many of the special shadowmancy afflictions are present on a target PARASITE, MADNESS, RETRIBUTION, and DEPRESSION. For 1 affliction it is 5%, for 2 it is 10, for 3 it is 18, and for all of them it is 25.
- SKULLBASH now shares the DRAGONCRAFT BITE and TEKURA BACKBREAKER per target cooldown.
March sees the release of a new talisman set! There is one talisman themed for each playable race, and a special talisman (the double headed coin) themed for the Aldar which will be awarded to those who successfully complete the entire set!
- A dwarven lodestone
- A shamanistic rattle
- A collapsible catapult
- A blood daubed cloth of whispers
- A demolition sphere
- A piece of horkval chitin
- A flattened frogskin
- A pernicious pair of Dala'myrr claws
- Bottled siren song
- Crystalline panpipes
- An arachnid's eye
- A figurine of the suffering Maya
- A double headed coin (Aldar reward talisman)
We've just loaded up a small batch of bugfixes and ideas for you all. Here are the details:
- If you now specify an earring of Sinope ID to use to travel with (TRAVEL TO <person> WITH <earring>), it will always override the travel to mutual allies bonus granted by the special valentine chocolates.
- Some cases where the game would think you were already granted the BLISSED status but you weren't have been fixed.
- The LITANY ability from Terminus can no longer be forced. (Yes, we're aware of the irony.)
- DRAGONHEAL will no longer drain mana if it fails to work due to the presence of both the WEARINESS and RECKLESSNESS afflictions.
- The ELAD ability in Terminus will no longer cause strange interactions if you use it on someone already following you.
- Serverside curing will no longer try to MOUNT if you are KAI SURGED.
- Retirement credits will now show up on your CREDIT REPORT if you are able to transfer them to that character.
We are moving back towards room hinders blocking flight, as I feel it causes more problems than it solves. Some classes will require changes to facilitate this as it is currently a balancing factor. As of this posting all room hinders except OCCULTISM TENTACLES, GROVES WILDGROWTH, and PHYSIOLOGY TORSO now hinder flight. This is purely a transitional step - those final three classes shall also gain this functionality, but certain changes need to take place first.For all of the other details, READNEWS ANNOUNCE 4717!
Close on the heels of the first batch, here's the list of skills that saw changes during this second round of classleads:
Curses, Domination, Dragoncraft, Elementalism, Groves, Metamorphosis, Puppetry/Vodun, Runelore, Shadowmancy, Spiritlore, and Woodlore!
For more details on these changes, READNEWS ANNOUNCE 4709 and keep your eyes peeled for more!
The recent lotteries have been drawn and our hearty congratulations go out to the following lucky winners!
Seragorn, who won the Sacrificial Kris! Ellaer, who won the vial of infinite health elixir! Lenn, who won the gold-handled inkbrush! And, Kayeil, who won the custom dragon description!
A new year is upon us and the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed amongst you (those of you not suffering from the past weekend's indulgences) might have made some resolutions, things you want to change or achieve during this shiny new year.
Here in Achaea we also want you to embrace this chance, be it for a fresh start, to take up a new challenge, to aim for some lofty goal, or just to help motivate you to push that little bit harder toward something you've always aimed for!
The completion of resolutions will award you with Mementos of Resolve, these can be spent on a range of special items unavailable elsewhere in Achaea!
It would not be Achaean Christmas without a few surprises (sometimes pleasant, sometimes not), and 2016 is no exception. We're very pleased to bring you the final phase of the shrine system, which we very much think shall fall into the former category!
Though you'll be able to read all about it in HELP CRUSADES, Crusading will allow you to band together with your fellow order members and battle upon the battlefield of Nishnatoba.
Strategise to undermine your enemies, stealing the essence of their God so that they may struggle to raise their shrines upon the Prime while you spend the essence on various miracles, even become an Avatar of your God!