Written by: Tecton, the Terraformer
Date: Thursday, January 10th, 2013
Addressed to: Everyone
We've just released more changes to our artefact system, allowing for
more seamless artefact purchases, upgrades, and tradeins. We've also
taken this opportunity to add some new functionality to all artefacts.
The details of todays changes are as follows:
* New options have been added under the ARTEFACT verb:
* LIST - List all of your artefacts.
* <#> UPGRADE - Upgrade your multi-level artefact
to the next level.
* <#> ADD <option> - Add the "shooting" ability to an
artefact bow or the "asp"
functionality to an artefact sword.
* Artefact bows are now available for purchase at the artefact weapon
shop in Delos. These bows come without the "shooting" option. If you
lack the DARKBOWS ability, you will not be able to use them until you
ARTEFACT <#> ADD SHOOTING.
* Lupine Plinths are now available directly from the miscellaneous
artefact shop. These are automatically placed in your grove.
* Earrings of Sinope can now be purchased from the miscellaneous
artefact shop. When purchasing, you will need to BUY <earring> PAIRED
* Blademaster bands may now be DETACHed from blades for trade-in.
* Artefact tattoos have been reduced in price to 100cr. To make a tattoo
permanent, simply purchase a phial of shimmering ink from the defensive
artefact shop and TRACE OVER <existing tattoo> ON <body part> WITH
PERMANENT INK. Note that the regular restrictions on which tattoos can
be made permanent still apply. See HELP ARTEFACT TATTOOS for details.
This change incorporated a huge overhaul of many aspects of the artefact
system. While we tested things very thoroughly, there may be things that
didn't migrate across smoothly. If you encounter any problems, please
file a BUG with as much information as possible.
Penned by My hand on the 22nd of Lupar, in the year 615 AF.