With the findings of Tatynne and O’ising mostly shared, the cities of Achaea can now separate the spirit from their Guardian Eidolons and send this spirit forth into the world to claim territory and spread their ethos across the land!
Most territory claiming will be a hostile act, but claiming areas that are allied to your city is considered a protection rather than a hostile incursion. Claimed territories can be challenged and conquered by other cities with an adjacent claim and a raid tank, or by liberation forces with a raid tank.
Expect areas to change when they are occupied! Occupation will be evident in every room and the little girl in Jaru may not be very concerned about her lost kitten if Mhaldor has her village in thrall!
Conquest, protection, and liberation will all generate the spirit resource, this can be spent by the city leader on a whole variety of rewards and bonuses (some rewards will be gated by the number of areas conquered) for your city!
Generation and spending of spirit will be added to the minister reports.
As this system has a lot of moving parts, we will be releasing it in two sections. Today is part 1, part 2 will release on January 31st, just in time for Sarapin 909 AF. See the bottom of this post for the specifics of part 1.
Read on for a teaser of some rewards that spirit can be spent on (this is not a complete list!):
- city wide bonuses xp/crit/stat
- city specific deathsight
- a teleport command – when in home city teleport to someone in an area your city is occupying
- improvement cost offset (one use per year)
- shrine shatter – power that destroys a specified god’s shrines in your city
- city specific death sequence
- factional resource bonus (if not in a class with resource bonus boost wp/endurance)
- temporarily boost city guard strength
- temporary artefact powers on command for citizens
- unlock a city spirit addition for the urn artefact
Specifics about numbers, costs, durations, commands, and more will be announced in part 2.
Part 1 information is as follows:
This encompasses two different systems: the Doctrines and the Spirit Summoning.
Doctrines (See HELP DOCTRINES):
- create a doctrine for the next campaign (starting the next time Sarapin begins)
- add an objective (the area name) to this doctrine.
- CONQUEST means you aim to conquer this area.
- PROTECTION means if an allied area, you will conquer this. I.E Mhaldor conquers Blackrock, Ashtan conquering New Thera. If a non allied area, you vow to keep this area free from conquest. I.E Cyrene pledging to Moghedu.
- remove an objective
- lock the doctrine in, cannot be edited after this is done and it becomes active.
- All doctrines automatically seal at the start of Sarapin for the relevant year (so all doctrines for 1000 AF will seal at the start of Sarapin 1000 AF if you do not do so manually).
DOCTRINE READ [year]
- read the currently relevant doctrine.
- check the archives if you specify a year.
DOCTRINE ARCHIVES [year]
- with no year specified lists all years that had a doctrine.
- specify a year and it gives the full breakdown for the doctrine for that year.
If you have a sealed doctrine, you can begin work on the one for the following year that will come after the current campaign, if you really want to get ahead of the game!
All organisations can have a doctrine containing five objectives by default. Having a larger highly ranked military relative to total population size will increase this number.
Conquering or liberating an area that you have as an objective in your doctrine will give a bonus to spirit generated by that area. You are free to conquer and liberate areas that are not in your doctrine, but these will not award a bonus to spirit generation.
If Sarapin rolls around and a doctrine is not set, then that year’s activity will generate no bonus spirit, only base amounts.
Spirit Summoning (See HELP EIDOLIC INFLUENCE):
With doctrines set (if desired), your next step is to summon the spirit of your city Guardian! We recommend following the findings made by O’ising and Tatynne in their research to do this!
Completing the eventual ritual will result in your spirit Guardian being summoned and the Eidolic phase for your territory claiming efforts being set.
This is a re-occuring 3 hour (OOC) time span that begins at the time of the spirit summon during which you can move your spirit to and claim an adjacent area (once per RL day.) This will be telegraphed to all of Achaea at the moment of spirit summoning.
The Eidolic phase can only be changed by relinquishing any controlled territory and releasing your spirit guardian, or by losing all of your held territories and your spirit guardian being banished, effectively a full reset in either case.
This phase only determines your conquest activity, it does not affect or limit the liberation efforts or conquest challenges of others!