We’ve just opened classleads for submission: these will run until 0 GMT on the 12th of May, so you will want to have your reports in by then (don’t forget to SUBMIT!).
A few things to keep in mind this round:
- Please do not submit anything concerning the paladin class this cycle. If its a knight wide concern by all means, but if its paladin specific it will likely get rejected at this current time.
- You’ll note I’ve left some reports up that have not been either approved or rejected. I’d like more feedback on these, so if people have thoughts on those, do get those in when it comes to the commenting phase.
The classlead process is how we balance classes and add new abilities to skills as appropriate, and is generally the time when you can get your voices heard on issues of combat balance.
For those of you unfamiliar with the classlead process (or who would just like a refresher), here are the basics:
- Classleads are anonymous.
- Each person can submit up to five classlead reports. Please do not utilise alternative characters to bypass this limit: I will be annoyed and this may result in an account-wide ban on access to the system going forward.
- Your reports should supply reasoning alongside the perceived problem: if something is too strong/weak, you should always state why. It’s best to avoid drawing comparisons to other classes, although sometimes this is appropriate. Use your best judgement!
- You should attempt to supply multiple solutions (where applicable – some cases are fairly cut and dry).
There are full details along with command breakdowns under HELP CLASSLEADS and the CLASSLEAD command.
So, what kinds of things can you suggest via classleads? Essentially, classleads are specifically for combat balance, whether that be addressing things which are perceived as too strong or too weak. Thematic options can sometimes be appropriate, but these are almost always better served going via the ideas system.
I look forward to reading your reports!