For those who are not familiar, a Great Hunt is a 24 hour hunting contest with various credit prizes!
Prize tiers are split into three levels: below level 80, below level 99, and "open" which is anything above 99 and onwards!
As is customary, we have:
- Double experience (this has been in effect since yesterday and will continue through to the end of Sunday)
- Credits will be awarded to everyone who reaches different point thresholds. 5cr at 100 points, 10cr at 1000, and 15cr at 2500 points.
- Credit prizes for the top ten winners in each tier.
On top of that:
- All of the Great Hunt caves will be opening, offering bonus XP and gold for all the boss kills.
- Foray bosses have massively increased XP and gold rewards.
- Invasions will be breaking out on the Elemental Planes, also offering boosted XP for kills of hostile elementals.
- The Gnolls of Manara Burrow will be spreading their influence to the Granite Hills in great number for all lower level players to enjoy!
As most of you have no doubt just observed, thanks to the efforts of Yudhishthira and the Conclave, there are now five new forays available!
Memories of the Second Conclave Reckoning have been recaptured and made available for intrepid dungeoneering groups. SIGN for these exactly as you would normally. Each of these new forays behaves in a similar fashion to the others, with a slight twist: the boss denizens are available from the start, leaving it up to you whether to engage the boss immediately and risk the ire of their supporting forces, or take a more strategic approach.
On top of that, you can now BUY INSURANCE at the foray board! The cost of this scales based on the foray and your group size. If you've paid your premium, you will be able to CALL FOR AID instead of embracing death to be resurrected outside your foray after the death sequence concludes.
Double experience is now in effect for the next 3 days, and as birthday month continues, we have a Great Hunt starting at the next Serenade, as well as yet more class showcases to come.
As a dark-hulled ship rolled into the harbour of Tasur'ke, Achaeans were greeted by the familiar, but long-absent face of Haidar the Lion.
The Kashari rebel immediately sought the location of Kavaya, his former associate and fellow escapee from the peculiar continent's harsh and unforgiving ways.
There, in the camp amid the hills, Haidar offered a retelling of an ancient tradition:
"Every century, the owners of Kashari slaves allowed one from each household to pit themselves against the others in order to earn their family name. In earning this name, a slave earns his freedom. He can sign for himself, he may have a family, he can own property, he is considered a member of society."
"Famous among my kinsmen is the warrior poet Lucaine Pyramides. He escaped slavery in Kashar and granted himself a surname. This is not the proper procedure. I am known as the Lion because I do not have a surname. I did not participate in this barbaric and horror-laden tradition. Instead, Kavaya and myself escaped our captivity. Our story is known to the
lore-masters among you and need not be retold here."
"Nevertheless, it is this tradition I will be sharing with you on the 12th of Ero, 840 AF. It will last for six days, or until one slave remains standing, whichever comes first."
"I bring this to your shores so that you may join with me in remembering a terrible crime against my people, and also so that those who wish to may experience what it is to fight ceaselessly simply to be recognised with the greatest gift that should have been innate to us all, a name. In the process of winning you may realise that you also deny others the chance to do so in their lifetimes."
"Participants will fight as the slaves did: barely armed and at odds with all others of their kind. The winner will not be afforded a name, as this is a luxury you already enjoy. Instead, great honour and riches will be bestowed upon them."
Having thrown down the gauntlet to all of Sapience, Haidar began accepting entrants. Atalkez Al'Jafri was the first to seize this gauntlet, and many others soon followed.
Time will unveil the victor.
Some clarifications for participants and spectators alike:
This will be a 6 hour PK contest held on September 26th, it begins at midday GMT (see UPCOMING.)
The winner will earn 2000 bound credits, a unique honours line, and a special challenger's horn.
All participants will earn an honours line.
Contenders will become a Kashari character in the class of their choice, this will be by command at the start of the contest - see UPCOMING
Contenders will be level 80 with most general skills transcendent, and their class skills transcendent.
Contenders will have 5000 bound credits with which to buy artefacts.
Contenders will have a full complement of vials and curatives, selling/trading these is not permitted.
Contenders will have a gold amount at the start and begin in a starting shop. Sharing gold/items from this location is not permitted with other contenders or the general public.
As each contender enters the contest they will have an hour of grace for setup time. This time can be used to setup curing/systems or purchase artefacts and supplies. This grace can be renounced early, it cannot be extended.
Each participant will have three lives, and no starburst effects accessible.
Die three times and you are out of the contest.
Disconnection or journalling or hiding in any similar fashion for 30 minutes or more will result in a loss of a life. Do so for an hour and you lose two lives.
Lives can be replenished by removing other contenders from the contest (killing off their final life), this remains capped at three.
Contenders will not earn or lose experience.
Kills will be tracked in case of multiples still alive at the end of the contest. If more than one contender is alive at the end there will be a single area deathmatch to determine the winner.
All other contenders will be considered an enemy, allies will not be available.
Contenders will be able to pinpoint the location of other contenders at all times.
Immolation in the Yggdrasil flame will not be possible, recovery from death is by embrace only.
Do not accept assistance from outsiders.
Do not intentionally attack outsiders.
The following are entirely offlimits:
Refuge areas (isolation, nirvana, etc. Chaos plane is permitted for pacting.)
Cities and non-public organisation property.
Signup with Haidar ahead of time to secure your place:
Say I wish to earn my name as a member of the class
Give Haidar the 100,000 when prompted.
Once you have signed up you cannot change your class choice. Choose wisely.
TO THE REST OF THE WORLD.
If you are not participating in this contest officially DO NOT INTERFERE. You will be shrubbed for at least the duration of the contest if you do and may affect the competition for the contender you are attempting to help.
Outsiders should avoid contender fighting. If you are unlucky enough to die from contender fighting you have no recourse, you cannot hire and you cannot issue. Let it go. If you do not wish to die to a room attack, stay away from places where contenders are fighting.
As of the serenade a few moments ago, today is officially Achaea's 23rd birthday!
For the remainder of the month, everyone may type HAPPYBIRTHDAYACHAEA once only to get a one-off reward of 23 bound credits and a 24 hour bonus to experience and critical hit chance. This will stack with double XP for the Great Hunt!
In addition to that, Certimene is now offering a daily quest for the rest of September. Acquire this quest in the usual fashion and you will be given a ledger and instructions. Complete this at least sixteen times to earn a very special reward!
The first of our class-related events begins in approximately nineteen hours, everything related to birthday events can be found on UPCOMING!
As our birthday month arrives we have a change in promotion and a big schedule of events prepped for September!
For those in need of credits or artefacts, we have a 40% bonus credit sale running for the duration of September (this is 50% if you have an Iron Elite membership!)
For those of you who want something a little more exciting we are bringing back Globes of Shifting Continents! These contain a variety of prizes open being opened, including:
- Credits. (These have been increased to match the 40% credit sale!)
- Talisman caches, containing pieces from the blackwave and races sets (pick which set you'd like when opening).
- Card sleeves, containing one card from the deck of legends in each. These cards trade in for 33 bound credits, so even if you do not want what you get, you're not out of pocket.
- Mayan crowns.
- Bloodstained shards.
- Customisation credits.
- Artefact discount vouchers.
- A range of artefacts, from very small ones all the way up to statistic altering ones.
- Free reincarnations/trait resets(*).
- Additional tradeskill slots(*).
- Small bonuses such as racetrack tickets or shop carts. These will always be awarded alongside another prize and are not factored into the value of your globe's contents.
- You will not receive free reincarnations, trait resets, or additional tradeskill slots if you already have a means by which to reset your race/traits via artefacts or other means in the former's case, or have 3 or more slots already in the latter's case. You'll receive a different price instead.
In addition, every 500th(*) globe that is opened will receive a bonus prize: in this case being an OFFSPRING TALISMAN.
For globe buyers who have an Iron Elite membership, every 10 globes you buy earns you a free globe. This is cumulative across purchases, so if you buy 3 globes today and 7 globes next week, you'll still get your free globe.
With promotion details out of the way, Achaea turns 23 on September 9th and this year we're celebrating Achaea's classes!
Here's a small taste of what we have in store for the month!
- A daily quest kicking off on the 9th.
- At least one event almost everyday celebrating something about a specific class.
- A special Quiz will be held on the 12th.
- An update to Forays will happen on the 18th.
- A Great Hunt will be held on the 19th plus double experience all weekend.
- A very special PK contest will happen on the 26th.
- Last, but by no means least, keep an ear open for Tharos' announcements as he'll be running world games all month long!
Keep an eye on UPCOMING and ANNOUNCE news as the month moves on, we'll be adding all notable times and dates to that!
- Ideas are no longer hidden from players once they reach ten supporting votes. Instead, ideas will now remain on the list and open for voting to get a better sense of actual support, and to prevent a constant stream of duplicate ideas.
- Ship logs for added/removed permissions will describe the actual permission being removed.
- Souls can no longer bypass housing security upgrades.
- Infernals regain essence once more, though at a reduced rate compared to Apostates (50%).
- Wiping a hellforged weapon will now also cleanse it of investments, if relevant.
- Serverside curing will now recognize damaged torso when received from Oppression Ravage.
- Sublimation Nocturne will no longer kill the same target multiple times if they are no longer in their starting room. This primarily impacts people leaving arenas, as well as arena games where players are immediately resurrected elsewhere in the arena.
- Sublimation and Oppression abilities now have associated deathsights.
- Shortnames for snake/ and falcon/ have been added.